Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before this goes out to the general public, I thought I would announce it here first to see if anyone has an interest.

I was contacted by one of my past customers needing to sell his 70 428CJ convertible. I restored this car back in 2002 and other than appearing at one show it has been garaged since the restoration. When I asked him the current condition he said "it looks like the day I picked it up". I dissassembled and restored everything on the car. Many NOS parts were used in the restoration This is a numbers matching car. White with blue leather interior. Factory A/C. I am waiting for a copy of the Marti Report but I do know it is 1 of 49, 1970 428CJ automatic XR7 convertibles.

The price is $100K which it would easily bring at Barrett Jackson but he does not really have the time to wait. The poor quality pictures below are the only ones I have at present and were taken in 2002 about a week before he picked it up. It was 99% complete -still waiting for the rocker moldings, hand painted pin stripes and an air cleaner decal. Back then I was not as diligent about taking photos of a completed car - I don't even have one of the interior! He will be sending more photos later. The car is located near Sacramento, California.

If you have any questions, please call me direct.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Sharp looking car. Bundle it with your eliminator and make me a package deal. :buck:

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sharp looking car. Bundle it with your eliminator and make me a package deal. :buck:
That could be arranged. I'll also take a GTE on trade!!

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Holy crud!!!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I show it as the only white/blue 428CJ convertible on record.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I saw this car when John was done restoring it and it is absolutely gorgeous! You couldn't aquire a 428 convertible and restore it to this level for the asking price.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I like it but would have to add a hood scoop and stripe.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Ultimate sleeper. That color combo is stellar!!!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I have a real deal 428 Cobra Jet Ram Air 4spd White Eliminator.

Just to many *^$# guys who daydream about wanting an 428CJ/RA/4spd Eliminator.

Go out & buy a real 428CJ Eliminator, stop making $500.00 CLONES. This way you can stop xxxing off at night. LOL

Chuck
Whoopie yahoo for you Chuck.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts

Just to many ^%#* guys who daydream about wanting an 428CJ/RA/4spd Eliminator.

Go out & buy a real 428CJ Eliminator, stop making $500.00 CLONES. This way you can stop xxxing off at night. LOL

Chuck
I think you mis understood Don. He wasn't referring to make it into an Eliminator clone. He was referring that it would look better with the 428 hood stripe and scoop like a ram air 428CJ Cougar.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

Just to many %^$#$ guys who daydream about wanting an 428CJ/RA/4spd Eliminator.

Go out & buy a real 428CJ Eliminator, stop making $500.00 CLONES. This way you can stop xxing off at night. LOL

Chuck
And the douchebag of the day award goes to.......

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I think you mis understood Don. He wasn't referring to make it into an Eliminator clone. He was referring that it would look better with the 428 hood stripe and scoop like a ram air 428CJ Cougar.
Exactly what I meant and what I said !

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Even just the scoop to paint to match the color of the car and nothing more.I think it would look great BUT since it is a rare car id leave it alone and modify a spare hood and leave the original alone.

thanks
pat

1 - 20 of 88 Posts