Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to sell my 1970 XR7 convertible. I’m in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
Southern California</st1:place> and bought it around the corner from my house from the original owner in 1995. It’s a rust free <st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State> car and I spent about five years going through it and the last eleven years addressing issues as they came up. It’s Wimbledon White with a maroon interior. It’s got tilt steering and a 351 <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> 4-V. I've got over $30,000 in receipts including $7,000 for a re-build of the motor (it had a bunred piston from detonation) by Jasper Engines. Best thing would be to e-mail me for pictures at [email protected]. Asking $22,000.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess I screwed this up the first time.

The time has come to sell my 1970 XR7 convertible. I’m in ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
Southern California</st1:place> and bought it around the corner from my house from the original owner in 1995. It’s a rust free <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">California</st1:State></st1:place> car and I spent about five years going through it and the last eleven years addressing issues as they came up. It’s Wimbledon White with a maroon interior. It’s got tilt steering and a 351 <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> 4-V. I’ve got over $30,000 in receipts including $7,000 for a re-build of the motor (it had a burned piston from detonation) by Jasper Engines. Best thing would be to e-mail me at
[email protected] for pictures. Asking $22,000.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I find this thread to be a bit lacking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry everyone. Let’s try this again.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Selling my 1970 XR7 convertible. It’s a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State> rust free car. I’ve had it since 1995 and I’m the second owner. It’s Wimbledon white, maroon interior, 351 <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:City></st1:place> 4-V. For the first five years I’ve had it, I pretty much went through the whole car and then addressed other issues as they came up. In 2005, I had Jasper Engines rebuild the current motor because it had a burned piston from detonation. I’ve got over $30,000 in receipts. Best thing would be to e-mail me for some pictures and a Marti report at [email protected].
Asking $22,000.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Guess I screwed this up the first time.

The time has come to sell my 1970 XR7 convertible. I’m in ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
Southern California</st1:place> and bought it around the corner from my house from the original owner in 1995. It’s a rust free <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:State w:st="on">California</st1:State></st1:place> car and I spent about five years going through it and the last eleven years addressing issues as they came up. It’s Wimbledon White with a maroon interior. It’s got tilt steering and a 351 <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:place></st1:City> 4-V. I’ve got over $30,000 in receipts including $7,000 for a re-build of the motor (it had a burned piston from detonation) by Jasper Engines. Best thing would be to e-mail me at
[email protected] for pictures. Asking $22,000.
Looking forward to seeing your pix. I never should have sold my '70 Cougar.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry everyone. Let’s try this again.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
Selling my 1970 XR7 convertible. It’s a <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:State w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">California</st1:place></st1:State> rust free car. I’ve had it since 1995 and I’m the second owner. It’s Wimbledon white, maroon interior, 351 <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Cleveland</st1:City></st1:place> 4-V. For the first five years I’ve had it, I pretty much went through the whole car and then addressed other issues as they came up. In 2005, I had Jasper Engines rebuild the current motor because it had a burned piston from detonation. I’ve got over $30,000 in receipts. Best thing would be to e-mail me for some pictures and a Marti report at [email protected].
Asking $22,000.
Thanks for the pix. Car looks great. Unfortunately I just can't handle that much red. I'm sure the right person will really appreciate what you've done with this car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No problem. For what it's worth, the color is actually maroon and not red. I found out the difference when my wife gave me a red carpet set for my birthday. I think the maroon gives it a rich look and I like it but then again, I like going to the dentist. Regards.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Where's the pics? I see neither hide nor hair of them in the thread posts.:confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts