Cool cars.... gotta be one of the craziest front grilles of the era

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Looks like a good deal !

·
Registered
200 Posts
Too bad it isn't one of the W-31's. I remember reading about the W-31 when I was a kid being the Professional Man's land rocket....

And there I go being a tard, that was actually an Oldsmobile.....shucks.....

With that front grille though, looks like it should have a name like W-31 reminiscent of a first gen jet fighter.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Can't tell if it has the dashpad-mounted gauges. Between this feature and the exterior styling the 70-71 Cyclone is one of my favorites.

I almost bought a 70 Cyclone GT many years ago, but bought the 72 Montego wagon instead. For the same price (about &950.00).

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
In 1970, the Cyclone GT's all got the hidden headlights, (optional on other Cyclones).

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
You took the wagon over the Cyclone GT?
Nothing wrong with the wagon but, a Cyclone GT.

Can't tell if it has the dashpad-mounted gauges. Between this feature and the exterior styling the 70-71 Cyclone is one of my favorites.

I almost bought a 70 Cyclone GT many years ago, but bought the 72 Montego wagon instead. For the same price (about &950.00).

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Yah, I know. Crazy, huh. It was before I got my Cougar. Looking for a project car or a potential family hauler. I like the 72 Montegos too. Turned out OK in the end, I made a decent amount of money renting then selling the wagon to Paramount Pictures for use in the "Brady Bunch" movies.

Some days, though, I kick myself for not buying the Cyclone. It drove OK but it needed a bit of cosmetic work. (Yellow, black vinyl top, ginger interior with cloth inserts, 351-4v with a C4).

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Sounds like you made the right choice.
How many can say their car was in the movies.:ylsup:

Yah, I know. Crazy, huh. It was before I got my Cougar. Looking for a project car or a potential family hauler. I like the 72 Montegos too. Turned out OK in the end, I made a decent amount of money renting then selling the wagon to Paramount Pictures for use in the "Brady Bunch" movies.

Some days, though, I kick myself for not buying the Cyclone. It drove OK but it needed a bit of cosmetic work. (Yellow, black vinyl top, ginger interior with cloth inserts, 351-4v with a C4).

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sent him an email to get more information. Will let you know what I find out.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Not very kind of you to dangle this in front of a bunch of addicts like myself. One 1970 Cyclone with manual steering and manual drum brakes headed to Oregon. Original paint and his father bought it new, how could I pass it up?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Looks to be Well Bought Don... Congrats. !

·
Registered
198 Posts
Not very kind of you to dangle this in front of a bunch of addicts like myself. One 1970 Cyclone with manual steering and manual drum brakes headed to Oregon. Original paint and his father bought it new, how could I pass it up?

*******! :) I guess that's why he didn't get back to me. Well played. Nice looking car. Maybe you should just send it out east to me.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
He said that he had no fewer than 20 emails but I was the 1st to email and one of the only to request his phone number. It is a manual drum brake, manual steering car with a rough comfort weave / console interior. I love original paint and dig patina!

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Someones gonna have to get into the Cyclone parts business ?

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
He said that he had no fewer than 20 emails but I was the 1st to email and one of the only to request his phone number. It is a manual drum brake, manual steering car with a rough comfort weave / console interior. I love original paint and dig patina!
I'm not sure he is still in business. His business voice mail box if full and his home phone says its no longer in service.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts