Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up for sale is this 1970 Mercury Cougar Convertible. This Cougar is a nice original car waiting for a restoration. The body and interior color combination that this car was ordered with makes it more rare than most. After ordering the Marti Report I found that this particular Cougar is one of eight built in 1970. The Cougar carries its original pastel yellow paint but the factory white convertible top has been replaced with the tan top that is pictured. This car is in running and driving condition, the fuel tank has been replaced, fuel lines flushed and new fuel filter as well as several oil changes in order to revive and protect the engine. You should understand that the Cougar will need a complete restoration including work on the torque boxes, inner rockers, driver side floorpan and lower quarter panels which are all common things associated with a convertible of this vintage. This is still a solid car worth bringing it back to its factory luster. One of the strongest features of the Cougar is that the interior is in awesome condition, the front buckets are near perfect as well as the rear bench. The carpet will need to be replaced. I do have the replacement quarter panels that do go with the car. Also delivery may be available depending on location and negotiated price, if interested please contact me. <!-- End Description -->Clean title in hand and ready for you. The asking price is $3950 OBO. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at 814-777-0122. Thanks, Jonathan

Attachments

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
The pictures tell much of the story, but I am close enough to do an inspection if anyone is seriously interested.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Someone should consider making a realistic offer on this car. It belongs to a friend of mine and it is as described. It does NOT need the full inner rockers replaced, just the rear section on the dr. side from what I can see. The 1/4 panels that come with the car are reproduction skins. Other than the carpet, the interior is all but immaculate! Everything on the car works. As an option,the car could also be purchased w/o the running 351C that is in it. It could use replacement doors and a trunk lid(he has access to a rust free one) This car needs a new home!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Hope someone saves this car and enjoys it once its done,

thanks
pat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts