Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a medium Blue Center Console "upper piece". The only ones I've found are Black. Any suggestions on where to find a medium Blue "upper piece" would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for replying. I have, they have the piece I'm looking for but only in Black. I was thinking about getting it and then painting it Blue with Medium Blue Interior Paint form John's Classic Cougars. Any input on my idea again would be greatly appreciated.

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
I have changed successfully changed the colour on two consoles. Just make sure they are really clean. Use a nail brush and simple green to scrub the piece to get the dirt out and then some Prepsol to clean before painting

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I have a used Blue center. I can post some pictures tonight. It is in Washington state. I also have a blue base. Do you need the ash tray section? I have that in blue also. I can't remember the quality. But I would plan to die all the parts to match any way. I'll post pictures this evening.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm definetely interested in the Blue console you have. I really only need the upper portion as my base is in good shape. Let me know how much you want and shipping cost. I'm located in CenCal. Some pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
OK Lets start with the bad, some one drilled 2 holes on the drivers side.

I had forgotten about that. The shinny section is wet. It was very dusty and has Bird poop on it. side bar, I think I got the hole they were getting in closed up.

The white spots are that bird poop.
I don't fine any other damage then the holes. It is a Blue plastic part not died.

I have the ash trey section also. This came to me in pieces. I got about 8 from a Mustang shop when it closed down a few years back.

The Blue base I have looks like it is a died blue from Black. It also has several cracks in it.
As for price, $20.00 for both parts pictures plus shipping. My guess is shipping would be under $30.00.
And I'd understand if you don't want to deal with the holes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the pics bro, much appreciated. Let me check on the ash tray part to see if I need it. The car is at a buddies shop because I needed to replace the power steering control valve. Anyway, I will ge back to you tomorrow after work to let you know for sure. Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just wanted to get back to you. I think I'll take a rain check on your console for now. The reason I'm changing mine out is because it also has two holes, so I'm trying to find one without any holes or cracks. I appreciate the help and the offer though. Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
No problem. Good luck. And post some pictures of it when your done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for being totally cool bro. If you go to Youtube you can check it out. Just type in 1970 Mercury Cougar Movie and look for the Blue 1970 Mercury Cougar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts