Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Someone caught me off guard the other day with this one.....and I couldn't respond!

It was something to the effect of "it has the special jack and wrench for 1970".....and all I could think was "huh?"!

Of all the 70's that I have parted out, "I do not recall" noticing anything different about the jack or wrench, from a 69......but then perhaps they were not original???

Can anyone point out what may be different from 1967-1969 versions?

Comments please!
Steve

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Steve,

I think the 70-73 shared the same or a very similar jack that differs from the 68-69 jack by having 3 hinge points instead of two. Basically, if the jack is raised, the earlier version has a single triangle but the 70 would have a large triangle near the base and a smaller triangle at the top. I don't know if that's a clear enough explanation but I'm sure someone will have a photo of the differences to post. By the way, I think 67 was different still.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jeff,

Thanks!!!

Now I need to look at my (neglected ignored abused forgotten forlorn battered nasty rusty colored) 70 jack and see what I got!!! Plus a few more in the shed!

Steve

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
We have all the variations posted on our site. 1970 is different but not special.

<table id="Contents Table" width="600" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="600">1968 - 1969 Mercury Cougar / Ford Mustang Scissors Jack - Used
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Part #: 68jack

Good used jack with correct fine threads. Notice the remnants of the original jack instruction decal.

</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td width="600">1970 - 1973 Mercury Cougar / Ford Mustang Scissors Jack - Used
(Click Here for More Information or to Order)

Part #: D1ZZ-17080-A

Original scissors jack. We save the working ones that come to our yard. The trunk jacks should...

</td></tr><tr><td>
</td></tr></tbody></table>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts