Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now that I have the scoop installed can anyone tell me what keeps the rain from rushing under the scoop and into the engine compartment when driving

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Unless you are going to make a functional ram-air, don't cut a hole in the hood

·
Registered
980 Posts
70 Cougar 2010 002.jpg

Right, don't cut the hole...I nailed a sparrow last weekend and had to fish it out from under the hood scoop on my '70 XR7. Stupid bird anyway!!...they only weight a couple of ounces but for whatever reason it still makes you duck for cover when you see them coming towards your windshield.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Is that an 80's mustang scoop you have on there?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Oops there goes another good hood...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Is that an 80's mustang scoop you have on there?
I think it is...not sure though, I bought that at a swap meet about 10 years ago and the guy that was selling it said it was for a FORD...but I thought that it looked good and put it on the last Cougar (that got wrecked) so I kept it and put it on this one. I need to take new pictures this year. I got a set of 1970 license plates last year at the swap meet and have been running them this year. According to the license plate office here, you can run them as long as you keep the "current' plates in the car and are able to show them if you get pulled over. Like I told my wife, "it's my mid-life crisis"...her reply was that she was just glad it wasn't another woman. :)

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I have a '69 hood with a similar scoop I put on it back in the day, was from a '84 Capri RS (same as Mustang I'd imagine). From my dearly departed "Cleveland Rocks" '70 HT (with a '69 front end). Looks good but had to make additional/different holes in the hood understructure for the nuts. Cut out the front of the scoop and the hood for functioning Ram Air and I was living large!

Wouldn't mind selling this hood/scoop if anyone is interested.

This time around (Isabel), I went with an original (for stupid money I might add).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts