Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So from my understanding..........there is a pin that you push in under dash headlight switch to take out the pull knob/shaft.

So how do take out the front bezel on the dash and the actual headlight switch under the dash?? I have a new 1970 switch to install.

I am trying to trace a problem with my sequential LED rear taillights. I have replaced the Black box (new solid state box). With the headlight switch off, everything works perfect. As soon as I turn on the parking lights or headlights.......and use the turn signals....1 inner light works on the right taillight and 3 lights work the left side but the pattern is not controlled, very fast. All 4 corner side marker LED lights blink correctly. I am using LED's in the turn signals up front too, OEM bulbs blinked correctly but new LED's will not blink up front with headlight switch on. As soon as the headlight switch is turned off, everything works perfect. I might add I am seeing a slower drivers side blink on front turn signal, the right is much faster and looks correctly when headlight switch is off. I have replaced the turn signal switch before but remember smelling some wiring burning shortly after.

I want to replace the headlight switch first and then replace the steering column turn signal switch again. Car is 41 years old, thinking headlight switch needs replaced, then on to a new steering column with a new turn signal switch.

Thank for any feedback in advance.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great, Thanks for the video. I took out the headlight switch and replaced with the new one...:):)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts