Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the work has begun! A huge thanks to Don for sending me some pictures. Here is a look at the floor pans being replaced. And hopefully I'll get to come visit the car in person soon! :)

IMG959584.jpg

IMG957160.jpg

IMG951556.jpg

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
And so it begins!.....cool

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Work looks nice! But would have liked to see correct ribbing/no drainplug hole in front floor metal used, especially for an Eliminator.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Work looks nice! But would have liked to see correct ribbing/no drainplug hole in front floor metal used, especially for an Eliminator.
I was thinking that too, but figure she is thinking about painting it blue, and it would never have its original drivetrain. Aside from that, there are quite a few Eliminators out there already with the incorrect floors. I think it is a reasonable compromise in order to get the work started and be that much closer to enjoying her car :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, we thought about it and decided to use these floor pans. With the color change, and the engine/transmission change, it's never going to be exactly like it was when it rolled out of the factory. This option was more time and cost effective. I know it's not original, but in the end I think it'll still look great. :)

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I was thinking that too, but figure she is thinking about painting it blue, and it would never have its original drivetrain. Aside from that, there are quite a few Eliminators out there already with the incorrect floors. I think it is a reasonable compromise in order to get the work started and be that much closer to enjoying her car :)
Soitenly!, Whoop, Whoop, Whoop, Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk...

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Why I autta....

Looking good, Ashe!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Not to sidetrack too much (ok, quite a lot), but I was at the movies the other day and saw that they are making a Three Stooges movie. I simply cannot imagine it.

Another Stooge item: was watching Modern Family the other night and the boy, Luke, commented that he could fake tears easily. Later in the show his dad asked him the trick to the fake tears. Luke says "all of the three stooges are dead". ...that right there brought a tear to my eye. My wife thought I was nuts.

What? No, my eyes just got watery right now because of allergies >.>

*sniffle sniffle*

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Back on topic (not the the Stooges aren't awesome) I wandered over to the yard today to snap a few pics of the progress. Here ya go!

Those shiny floors sure look better than the swiss cheese rust banquet that it had going on before!

I'll try to continue putting pictures up, at least on a weekly basis if not more, to show you (Ashe) and everyone how the progress is coming along. :D

·
Registered
390 Posts
Seeing that pastel blue color in the door jambs and sill plates reminds me of the 1970 cyclone spoiler I had in back in the late 70's.
Blue in all the tight places looks like original paint but then the green on the tunnel hump that matches the one rear corner extension, Elfrankinator for sure.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks fantastic!! Thank you so much for posting them, I really appreciate getting to see how it's coming along!

·
Registered
780 Posts
I am so jealous!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Now we're talking, some real pics to chew on. Looks great and in a short time also. Ashes , I'm glad it's you and not me that has to handle the anticipation of see your eliminator for the first time. Hang in there your body man is doing an awesome job.
SalD Cougar geek

·
Registered
491 Posts
with your color choice, you will save a few bucks by not having to paint the trunk lid, haha.

PS, this thread should maybe get a sticky, no?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ashes,
I just wanted to congratulate you on winning the Eliminator. My 15 yo daughter and I are working on a '69 Eliminator restoration project. We've torn it down, rolled it over and are in the process of putting it back together again. The interior and Engine bay have been painted out ... but the body is still being aligned and will go through primer and paint. The estimate for us is to have it out of the body shop by the end of April. Why do I say that ... it has taken us a year to get to this point, so be patient. We have fun finishing/restoring sub assemblies while the body gets attention. It should make the day it comes home that much more fun (alot will happen real quick).

If you'd like to check out your Eliminator competition ... (ha) ... check out Jenny and my photos at http://s1181.photobucket.com/albums/x431/mzqj6r/ Your friends here in Texas wish you all the fun in the world and a memory to take with you the rest of your life.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, that's looking good! Hope this one turns out well! The body work has been moving along pretty fast and from what I've seen it's looking good so far. I'm trying hard to be patient haha and realistically I know this project will take a year or two, if I'm lucky. but I'm just so stinking excited!

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
I looked at the progress this morning. Floors look done and the passenger side rear quarter section is about finished.

Andrew is planning to get some updates soon.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Update time! The floors are done and look awesome. He's also painted them with a black undercoating. Also, it looks like the RH rear quarter panel is mostly done, and the LH is in progress. Pictures speak a thousand words, so here ya go!

Floors:

Gaping hole in the left quarter:

Donor piece:

Other side:

Parting shot:

It's coming along!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nicenicenicenicenicenice, don't know how else to say it. SalCougargeek

1 - 20 of 141 Posts