Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 70 Eliminator has been setting since 1986 in my garage. Before that it was driven daily since 1974 when I first resurrected it. When I first bought it, it needed an engine rebuild, synchronizers in the top loader and paint. I did all of it myself in dad's garage. Wasn't real professional but I learned alot. I want to do a much better job this time. I need to know where to start, maybe a good how to manual for cougars/mustangs. The only part I know I'm missing is the front air dam under the bumper.:1zhelp:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Ken's or John's Cougars sell an excellent repo front chin spoiler. Mold was made from an NOS spoiler. I think they are around $130.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hi Van n KC, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome and ideas. Dark7068, the book says it's Mustang restoration and you said it also has Cougar part numbers. Is this the book you meant? Price is right. 428elim, thanks for lead on spoiler.
p.s. I'm not on line very often, about twice a week and might not answer replies immediately.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
yeah its a mustang book, but has cougar in it as well. It should list it but it doesnt, which is a shame, cuz its a real good book. Mines used up LOTS :D has everything from suspension rebuild, interior, brake routing, linkage, everything. Its worth it.

Rick

·
Registered
698 Posts
Cougar Eliminator

Welcome to the forum. My name is Frank Bowers and I am the Eliminator registrar. Do you know if your car is in the registry? You can email me at [email protected]. If you need any help let me know. I have seven 1970 Cougars, six Eliminators and a modified car. My wife and I do all of our own work. Good luck with one of the greatest cars on the planet.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Wow, Frank, 7 of them, never realised all those in the picture were yours, your mod one is one of my favorites, always show people here a picture of it, those who are clueless re cougars, well thats just everyone.
"Here Chevy Chevy Chevy", love that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts