Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a factory W code 4.30 1970 Boss 302 Cougar Eliminator, 1970 428 SCJ Cougar Eliminator or 68 1/2 CJ Cougar. Any condition considered. Contact Kennedy at 858-668-8017 or email [email protected]. Have cash in hand. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I actually just became a member for this site and came across your post. This may be a bit away from what you are searching for but I am considering listing a 1970 Cougar Eliminator (Clone) with a 428cj. All the parts came from a rotted out donor eliminator with the hood, seats, spoiler, 428cj, etc.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I don't think Scott's pastel blue boss cat was a W-code.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Any pictures of that SCJ Eliminator, Dave? Would love to see it. Sean
None recent and with the amount of snow that is around here, it will be a while before I can take some.

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Now that's a true swamp kitty!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow that car is rough. Have a lead on a '70 scj eliminator and ill keep you guys posted

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would prefer a W code Boss if there are any around. Or I might just have to settle for a SCJ :ylsup:

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Curious as to what you end up with......looking forward to when you haul in the kill!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Score yet?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Not into the maroon 1969 Xr7 that is available?

·
Premium Member
5,766 Posts

It isn't a 302 Boss car but someone here in Florida just posted a white 1970 351c-4V 3-Speed Eliminator with an FMX tranny here in Floirda, St. Augustine, http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/4930998550.html

This was my old eliminator. This car has incorrect motor and tranny, body is very rough and he was asking WAY to much money for it. I would go nothing more then 1500.00 He wanted 3500, and to me it is not worth it. The kid i sold it to thought he could restore it but was as clueless as alicia silverstone.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I'm specifically looking for a '68 or '70. That '69 intrigues me but it must be an Eliminator for me to consider a '69/'70.

Don, you have me mistaken with Lou from Orange County, he's the one who purchased the Eliminator out of NV. I'm still in the hunt for a W code Boss :)

That CL link posted above is also a dead end, however, thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So it has to be 1969 Eliminator. Are you looking for a project or a car that's done? I have a '69 Eliminator it's done w/ some up-grades. Pictures should still be in the archives of "Eliminators on the market". It will be the blue one listed by "blackelim". It's a M code, w/ a 5 speed conversion. Mark has seen it when I took it to the Az. cougar club meeting in January if you want to ask him his opinion. What price range are you looking at?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts