Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang.Pokin around on Fee-Pay and found item #220701580132. It's a 70 Yellow Elim. "hertz car.Pictures are pretty small.Anyone know about it? Please put up if possible,I haven't figured out that voo-doo yet.Still workin on pictures!Bosscat40

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
If You click on the picture on ebay, You will get a chance to see bigger in another window

Jean

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Looks pretty nice. Wonder what it will fetch.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I emailed the guy, and he stated that it DID NOT have a SUNROOF. If that makes a difference to anyone. There was a limited run of Hertz Cougar Eliminators that had a factory Sunroof installed. Apparently this is not one of those Hertz "Sunroof" Eliminators.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I forgot about the sunroof deal! I'm not really sure if all 70 Hertz cars were sunroof cars or not, Dave will know this answer.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Looks pretty nice. Wonder what it will fetch.
He had it on Ebay last year (aug'09) with a buy now of $35k. I dont' believe it sold, and I dont' recall what it bid up to.

Good lookin' car though, but I agree about the manual transmission :-/

·
Registered
936 Posts
I have a 69 sunroof Hertz Eliminator and the car has a partial tag on the door from hertz. I have always assumed that this was an internal tracking number for hertz. I wonder if 70 hertz cars had this. Also, am I the only person who thinks no a/c is unusual for a rent a car? The first 100 69 hertz cars had sunroofs and a/c.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
As far as I know, Hertz was not the only rental car company in the late '60's. This particular vehicle on the invoice says "Tag rent a car". I don't believe the Hertz cars state that on the invoice, just the "speedo gear". Also, all of the known model year 1970 Hertz sunroof cars were built in the first quarter of 1970, for delivery in the spring.

JMHO,

·
Registered
936 Posts
Dave: thanks for the clarification. It was rather narrow of me to think of Hertz as the only 60's rent a car company. I guess for the Eliminator, it was the first company used to showcase the Elminator option package in April of 69.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts