Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two pics of my dash, lets have a competition to see who can spot the most things missing........with details:)

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
radio, radio mounting bracket, radio trim plate, steering column cover and steering wheel pad..Oh, and the drivers side kick panel. And last is the passenger side AC register. I think that's all... What do I get?? lol

Bruce

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A big Thank You :). Okay steering wheel inner pad is out cos' I am changing the steering wheel and was too lazy and cold to put that back till tomorrow, the nut in the middle is shot to hell, trying to find another one to fit. Kick panel drivers side is out cos we are trying to get the handbrake to work, btw I see it has a 69 mustang code on it, is that correct? So what is definitely missing is the radio, steering wheel column cover, and the passenger side AC register....whats that?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
See the air outlet on the drivers side has a plastic piece to direct the airflow, the same piece should be in the other side. The E-brake is most likely the same on mustang and cougar, so that's probably OK....

Bruce

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bruce, meant the kick panel was mustang code, but E-brake could be as well, pass side has got that inside round thing, just hidden from view.

Does nothing fit on the bottom of the dash, where arrows point, it looks so bare and unfinished.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
That's normal. Your rug is rolling down, but there isn't anything else below the dash.....

Bruce

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL :)

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I don't see the ignition key switch on the column. Is that it just below the gauge cluster on the right? If so, it's not a '70 dash, unless they do it differently down there!

·
Registered
408 Posts
It looks like a 69 dash to me. 70's should have the ignition switch on the column (I've never seen a 70 in the flesh though). The wiper switch and ignition switch seem to have swapped places as far as I can see. There is also supposed to be a piece of trim that goes around the steering column where it passes through the metal lower dash panel. This part is plastic and mine was ever so brittle. It just seemed to want to disintegrate when I removed it. Yours has probably gone the same way.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Also....I can't see whether the trim for the heater controls is there. There should be a clear plastic screen about 1 inch by 3 or four inches with a aluminium plate behind it the same size. It has the heater/blower/ac settings written on it and in my experience this part tends to fall off easily once the radio surround is removed.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What about the map light...cant tell if its there or not....

Matt

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A couple of picturial answers to the above, also where are the interior lights inside, I have no headlining or sail panels.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
The red part is a reflector, the white part is supposed to light up when you open the door.The interior lights are supposed to be under the dash by each door....

Bruce

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bruce are the interior lights the same as on the 72, round ones by the kick plate, I have no interior lights at all, what other ones should I have inside? The 72 has them at the back on the sail panels and also a map light in front on the dash.

I actually need to get a little spotlight to mount above my head to shine on the instrument cluster..............jk.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I don't know if they are the same, but you should be able to use them..Those and the ones in the doors are all you get with the standard cougar, in fact, the door lights are an option...

Bruce

1 - 15 of 15 Posts