Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I was looking for a 70 XR7 convertible I found this Competition Blue with houndstooth vinyl top for sale. I guess this is a rare color combination? Also the fact that the car has only 43,000 original miles makes this cat very unique. Hopefully a true enthusiast will grab this one.

http://www.gessweinmotors.com/show.aspx?vid=1463569

Attachments

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
While I was looking for a 70 XR7 convertible I found this Competition Blue with houndstooth vinyl top for sale. I guess this is a rare color combination? Also the fact that the car has only 43,000 original miles makes this cat very unique. Hopefully a true enthusiast will grab this one.

http://www.gessweinmotors.com/show.aspx?vid=1463569
According to CBTN, 199 Competition Blue XR-7 hardtops, 15 with 7A interiors. Non console car with air.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
wow. that's an oddball combo. I love the houndstooth roof cars a bunch. I like the Comp Blue cars too. Never ever even thought there would be one like this out there.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
It's definitely unusual. I love houndstooth but I think the roof with the Comp Blue is just too much. This car has been for sale for quite some time.

·
Registered
171 Posts
That dealer always seems to have a good selection on original, low-mileage old cars for sale. Their asking prices are high, but he seems to find some interesting cars.

I personally like the color combination a lot, but then I've never been afraid of color, especially on the vintage stuff.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
That dealer always seems to have a good selection on original, low-mileage old cars for sale. Their asking prices are high, but he seems to find some interesting cars.

I personally like the color combination a lot, but then I've never been afraid of color, especially on the vintage stuff.
I like it also, too bad it is an automatic.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Car has been for sale a long time.... Its the color! I bet if it was black, red, yellow it would be gone. Every time I see a car that color I think of a $99 Miracle Auto paint job where you get 3 colors to choose . Listen to me... I will stop now. I

1 - 10 of 10 Posts