Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
In addition to the 70 XR-7 4speed listed above, I have three other 1970 Cougars as well. I hate to get rid of them, but have gotten bogged down with another restoration. Cougars include:
70 H code standard, auto, 351W, rusty roof, engine problems, med blue, blue int
70 M code standard, dissassembled, rolling chassis, originally gold(painted light yellow)ginger interior, believed it to be an
original auto and converted to a 4speed
70 Eliminator, M code, auto, rolling chassis needing restoration, lot of restored parts, comp orange, black standard int. Needs floor pans, but a very solid car/project.
Four 1970 Cougars.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
What are you looking at prices for the cars? And can you post pics from the other cars on here for us to see?

thanks
pat

·
Registered
114 Posts
View attachment 27050 View attachment 27049 View attachment 27048 View attachment 27047 View attachment 27046

This is the 70 351w H code with the rusty roof. Currently has a dead cylinder with 20lbs of compression, all others are 138-150, number six I think. Car has a 44,000 mile engine transplant from same year galaxie xl. Bought the car because I had the engine. I have a set of heads from the original engine that I had worked that may cure the problem. Car has alot of new parts including timing chain and gear, power steering pump,alternator,battery cables,fuel tank, rebuilt fact. carb, stainless steel choke tubes, fan shroud, radiator, headlights, and so on. All pulleys and braackets bead blasted and detailed. Detailed engine compartment and headlight assembly and grille.

Car has a rusty roof from a vinyl top. A little rust in front pans, but not bad. Damage to left rear quarter, repaired front passenger fender. Beautiful set of doors , nice interior panels. Magnums on another car now.

Not sure about price. I have more invested than what it is worth. Anyway, pictures of my other cats to come as time permits.

Tom

·
Registered
114 Posts
View attachment 27086 View attachment 27085 View attachment 27084 View attachment 27083 View attachment 27082

This is the 70 M code standard that was a 4 speed car. Originally gold, but painted light yellow. I believe it was converted to a 4 speed because of the jagged hole in the firewall for the clutch rod and it had a numbers correct distributor for an automatic.
Guy I bought it from didn't know what he was doing and took it all apart, then his wife got involved, and you know the rest.

Car could has good torque boxes, rails and shock towers, needs pans, doors edgy(left door has a dent that could probably pushed out), decklid has some rust under the lip, roof has some pitting but not to bad, some rust through in center of cowl, but I believe it would be repairable without the major operation. has disc brake front end.

As far as prices, still working on that. All depends on what you want, how many you want, and what parts you want. Would like to see all four cars go together, as well as my 70 R code Mach. Would like a nice original, not necessarily restored 71-73 Cougar or Mustang convertible.
Eliminator to come.

Tom

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
What you looking to get for them?
70 H code standard, auto, 351W, rusty roof, engine problems, med blue, blue int
70 M code standard, dissassembled, rolling chassis, originally gold(painted light yellow)ginger interior, believed it to be an
original auto and converted to a 4speed

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Stu, you don't need any more cat's, finish the one you're working on! :buck:

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
View attachment 27182 View attachment 27181 View attachment 27180 View attachment 27179 View attachment 27178

1970 Eliminator sitting comfortably in my basement. This is a comp orange car w/ standard black interior. Not many options except ps, auto, center console. Previous owner installed disc brake spindles. Has some new front suspension components. A lot of the parts have been restored and are ready to install. Four 1970 Cougars. Not sure what they are worth.

Tom
Tom, do you have the Marti Report, or build sheet on your Eliminator? Is it in the Eliminator Registry?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Mike,
yes the car should be in the registry, and I have the Marti report, Eminger invoice, and Ford 999 History report as well. I have a copy of the email response from the registry in my file.

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts