Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who makes this conversion? CATHEADLIGHTS must no longer be in business. Also has anyone used
a linear actuator system?
Thanks
Darrel

·
Contributing Member
1,922 Posts
Does anyone know who makes this conversion? CATHEADLIGHTS must no longer be in business. Also has anyone used
a linear actuator system?
Thanks
Darrel
Try Ebay, Two different sellers. 69 70 mercury cougar electric headlight motor conversion kit USED MOTOR | eBay
Motor vehicle Circuit component Electrical wiring Automotive lighting Electronic engineering

Jaw Bone Font Poster Skull

Also CATLIGHTS IS STILL in buisness. Just look under the 67 68 electric conversion.
Please contact us before purchasing.
Check out Catheadlights
Ask for a promo code

Buy straight from the manufacturer!!! Catheadlights

67-68 cougar69 cougar70 Cougar67-69 Ford T-bird69-71 Lincoln Mark III68-82 Corvette C-3Custom kitsKits without motors
What you are buying is an electric headlight opener conversion kit for 67/68 mercury cougars. Get rid of the vacuum headlight openers! The kit consists of new,CNC laser cut ,passenger and driverside mounts complete with used , tested, cleaned, painted motors. The kit is complete and ready to bolt in. A new wiring harness is included. Detailed instructions are also included.
The kits fully adjustable aluminum arms can help reduce or eliminate headlight door sag to provide you with a straight grill, unlike how they left the factory.
Mounting can be done in less than one day.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try Ebay, Two different sellers. 69 70 mercury cougar electric headlight motor conversion kit USED MOTOR | eBay
View attachment 118160

View attachment 118161

Also CATLIGHTS IS STILL in buisness. Just look under the 67 68 electric conversion.
Please contact us before purchasing.
Check out Catheadlights
Ask for a promo code

Buy straight from the manufacturer!!! Catheadlights

67-68 cougar69 cougar70 Cougar67-69 Ford T-bird69-71 Lincoln Mark III68-82 Corvette C-3Custom kitsKits without motors
What you are buying is an electric headlight opener conversion kit for 67/68 mercury cougars. Get rid of the vacuum headlight openers! The kit consists of new,CNC laser cut ,passenger and driverside mounts complete with used , tested, cleaned, painted motors. The kit is complete and ready to bolt in. A new wiring harness is included. Detailed instructions are also included.
The kits fully adjustable aluminum arms can help reduce or eliminate headlight door sag to provide you with a straight grill, unlike how they left the factory.
Mounting can be done in less than one day.
Catheadlights does not allow buyer to contact them on ebay unfortunately. When I put in 1970 it says not compatible and only one left in stock. I would buy it but if its for a 1969 I will be unable to use it. I am going to check the other source or go junk yarding for actuator and build my own. I searched for Cathead lights on internet and can't find contact info either. I will update this thread when I get it figured out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yeah, I bought a 68 conversion kit from Catheadlights just over a year ago. I contacted them directly. At that time they didn't have that kit on ebay, nor did WCCC have it in stock, but I bought it and they shipped it right away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I bought a 68 conversion kit from Catheadlights just over a year ago. I contacted them directly. At that time they didn't have that kit on ebay, nor did WCCC have it in stock, but I bought it and they shipped it right away.
Thanks I can’t find the contact information. Internet search only leads back to the eBay ads.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts