Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After what seemed like forever getting my convertible body ready for paint, it is finally off to the painter for final color coat! From the photos you can see we detailed the suspension, and floor pans and engine bay is already done. Quarters are still bare metal. I went with Grabber Green, since this will be an Eliminator clone, 351C-4 speed.

Hopefully it's back in a month or so, as my painter is calling this his #1 project.

MVC-367X.jpg MVC-366X.jpg MVC-365X.jpg View attachment 29883

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
As a 351C 4 speed 'vert owner/driver, I heartily approve Scott!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I remember that car! Can't wait to see the paint job... that is going to be awesome!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
X 5 (10 Char's)!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Scott,

since selling your red 69 convertible, is this going to be your replacement to it? This 1 a true KEEPER??

thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's back!!! What was supposed to take 1-2 months, in reality took almost 5 months. Oh well, I guess you can't rush your painter. Will post photos soon! Overall it came out nice. My only compliant was that the painter forgot to paint the rear spoiler body color. He thought it was supposed to be black - like a Mach 1 Mustang. There aren't too many Cougar Savy painters in the world I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts