Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mercury Cougar - eBay (item 190482470169 end time Dec-31-10 172102 PST)

My Pros:
Eliminator Pkg.
G Code - Boss 302
4 speed trans. (good thing all Boss Cougars/Mustangs cars came with the 4spd trans.)
Tinted Glass
$24,100.00 as of Dec 22/10

My Cons:
1970 Model (instead of 1969) (1970 Cougars have ugly hood & grill)
Piss Yellow paint. (not my cup of tea)
Non "R" code 428CJ. (I owned a much lighter 70 Boss 302 Mustang, very slow at the light compared to a 428 car)
Non original Ram Air car.
Ugly Houndstooth interior. (just like all Chevy Camaro's with the same interior)

Chuck

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Doesn't look like its got the Boss 302 engine any longer. 351W most likely.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Close ratio 4 speed, with a 4.33 geared rear end. 351W All those mods done to a real eliminator. Pity.....Collector value lost...
Whats the deal with the "refelective" stripes? That's not standard, is it? Pretty cool, but not standard.

·
Premium Member
764 Posts
...a 4.33 geared rear end... Whats the deal with the "refelective" stripes? That's not standard, is it? Pretty cool, but not standard.
Rear gear is actually a 4.30 The stripe kit was made by Pheonix Graphics using 3M Scotchlite film and does look pretty cool... reflects just like the 69/70 Boss Mustang stripes.

·
11,000 Posts
Original rear was a 3.91 Traction Lock so it is a Drag Pack car.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
"all the right things were done to it"

Uh, probably not.

It's a nice car. Would be a better car to start with than a rusted pile that hadn't been drilled, cut, and modded but needed a rebody or massive structural repair.

A Boss engine could be found. As with most big projects, you're buying the vin and paper with some metal. That's a good way to look at this, except you have lots of junk you can unbolt and resell (rack and pinion, hydroboost, that windsor mill, etc).

He seriously said "we want to pass the savings on to you!" Funny.

If you could buy it at a decent price, it would be an ok project. I'd love a B2 Cougar and would un-fork one like this if I thought it was financially viable.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Wow, 475HP at the camshaft, wonder what it is at the crank! :buck: Oh, he corrects himself later on.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts