1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Sounds a little scary to me. "car has solid frame rails but needs restored." OK the frame rails are solid, but what about the rest of the car? Why not mention anything else? And why no pictures?

Maybe just a poorly written ad. It's at least worth a phone call.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Think this may be the one that was advertised a couple months ago and was on ebay? I believe it was painted dark burgandy and had cragars on it or something like that. I may call on it as it just so happens I'm in chicago for a wedding. If I have time I may go look at it. If its the same car though when I called on it the car sounded rough...torque boxes and floors gone.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Different phone number for the listing. But if it is the burgundy car, the first listing was at $7k and had dropped it down to $5.9k after a few weeks, and then it was no longer listed.

Keep us posted, and good luck on your Green Eliminator hunt!

*I looked at the Marti from the burgundy car and it lists 61 with color / interior trim. So it probably is the same car. Might have turned out to be more of a project than the new owner could take on?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it is a eliminator like the guy says n has the marti report to prove it, then i still say its a bargain.I wish i had 5 k to spend.I am getting married next year n right now my 70 is in a thousand pieces so bringing home a project and having my 80 chevy truck on dollies and so close to it being finished would be a very big mistake to take on.Not to mention im in a cast n out of work till at least september so i hope someone buys it n does the well deserved restoration it so deserves in life.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yeah I would say that this may be the same car too as what are the chances? Same area of country. Gonna try and look at it but may not be able to depending on time. Friends and their weddings....wadda ya do? That is a cheap price. Thanks for the encouragement Mike!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Yeah I would say that this may be the same car too as what are the chances? Same area of country. Gonna try and look at it but may not be able to depending on time. Friends and their weddings....wadda ya do? That is a cheap price. Thanks for the encouragement Mike!
Np :) It is a cheap price, and might be had for cheaper - you never know!
I emailed the seller for pics and Marti info, and I was looking through the pics I have from before. IF it is the same car... the interior was pretty much toast. Looks like it might need floors on at least the back seat area of the drivers side (at the end of the front frame rail). I only have a pic of the drivers side underneath. From what I can see, the torque boxes dont look horrible. Back end pics show holes in the bottom of the trunk drop downs and the bottom edge of the rear quarters.
I also recall the (previous?) owner not being sure if the engine/trans was numbers matching. I believe his words were "I don't think so, but I'm not sure".

If you want, I can email you the pics that I have, if we figure out that this is the same car.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Mike,

Sounds good. Email is same as my handle. At aol.com. Will check it out as time permits. This car was a deep burgandy with some sort of crazy hot rod stripe on the side as I remember from a coouple months ago. Traction bars too maybe with a little lift in the back too? Shoot...probably won't be able to go see the car anyways....just no time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts