Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Competition Gold, Original Paint, 30K Original miles, All numbers matching, UN-restored original. I have garaged for almost 27 years. Gorgeous body, No rust, California car. Black Interior unmolested and as nice as they come. Most but not all original parts on or come with the car. Runs and drives great. Have all reports with original build sheet. 3.91 Traction-Lok axle ratio, Hertz Four-Speed Wide Ratio Transmission. 70K. 0713101146a.jpg

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Intriguing.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Is it just me, or does something not look right about that picture? It's probably just a photography effect...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Given you dream of a 70 eliminator 4 speed, maybe the problem with the pic is that you area not behind the wheel...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Is it just me, or does something not look right about that picture? It's probably just a photography effect...
Now that you mention it, maybe you're right. The wheels look funny and the light reflecting on the hood, bumper and front drivers side wheel looks weird. looks like indoor light, but the car is outside. Did the photographer use some really strong flash bulbs? Is something Photoshopped?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The picture was taken with a 1.3 mp camera phone. (file size is 89kb) Enlarging it makes the picture a little blurry. Taken in bright sun with a cheap phone. Anyone interested in looking at some higher res photos I'd be happy to post some.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
1.3mp! Man, I thought I was the only one that still lived in the "dark ages" of digital photography :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
The Cat on the hood is painted is the first thing I noticed
I don't think it is painted, I think it is just the shadow left from the chrome one that should be there coming off. It really would be helpful if badboy attached some more photos.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will post some more pictures. Dave, I might be registered in the Eliminator registry.
I don't think it is painted, I think it is just the shadow left from the chrome one that should be there coming off. It really would be helpful if badboy attached some more photos.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I will post some more pictures. Dave, I might be registered in the Eliminator registry.
Mark,

It is in the registry, and has been there for over 20 years, and not very far from the SCJ that was for sale in Oakland.

·
Premium Member
4,133 Posts
I hope you find it a good new home. Way out side of my price range though. Maybe the lottory will come through??
Opps have to buy a ticket first.

·
Contributing Member
1,011 Posts
That sure is a nice car. How do the Boss 302 Cougars run? It seems like I read an article about a road test on Pikes Peak a long time ago and it was pretty darn good. Good luck with the sale.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts