Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always enjoy stoppin' by fellow Delmarva Cougar Club member "towcat" when I need to make a trip down south to check on my Mom. Carlton has restored some of the nicest (and rarest) Cougars on the planet. His current project is a '70 Boss 302 Eliminator.

I snapped some picks and thought I would share.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a couple more pics.

The Cougar under the cover at the front of the Boss is a w code GT-E, that was completed a few years ago. It took top honors at the Carlisle All-Ford Show this past summer.

Don't mean to gush, but I am always so pumped after dropping by Carlton's!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
WOW, that is SWEET looking!!!! Thanks for posting the pics propayne. Towcat, where did you get your underlayment from, if you don't mind me asking? John

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Look like he is doing a top-notch job ! My least favorite 70 Elim. color tho.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, if I could go back in time I'd order one in Competition Green, or maybe a special order of black with black stripes.

But the Competition Gold sure looks a lot better when it is shiny and new.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Comp. Green would be my 1st choice as well followed by Comp. Blue.

·
Registered
913 Posts
WOW, that is SWEET looking!!!! Thanks for posting the pics propayne. Towcat, where did you get your underlayment from, if you don't mind me asking? John
John, The under-layment came from Mustang Unlimited, it is die-cut and looks like some type of roofing material. It is not like the original, but is works!

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Nice color, really nice work. Competition green paint would have made it even nicer :)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Nice color, really nice work. Competition green paint would have made it even nicer :)
Thanks, and I agree with you about the Com.green, but when you are building one for re-sale it's best to stay with factory color.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Carlton, Good to see some pictures of the progress! Last time I saw it, you emailed me shots right after the paint job. Dave.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
Thanks, and I agree with you about the Com.green, but when you are building one for re-sale it's best to stay with factory color.
For an Eliminator, that's probably a true statement. For a more pedestrian car, changing the color could raise the value. It just depends on what the original color was.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I always enjoy stoppin' by fellow Delmarva Cougar Club member "towcat" when I need to make a trip down south to check on my Mom. Carlton has restored some of the nicest (and rarest) Cougars on the planet. His current project is a '70 Boss 302 Eliminator.

I snapped some picks and thought I would share.
Wow! someone's doing a real good job on that car. Thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Phillip,

Thanks for sharing the pics. The car looks a lot better than when I sold it to Carlton. But then, Carlton does top rate restorations and I knew that the Boss would be in the best hands. I can't wait to see it at Carlisle. No pressure Carlton...

Ken

1 - 16 of 16 Posts