Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, it has a very very hard front hit on it, but there is still some good stuff on it. it has a Ginger interior in it but the seats are tracshed. the inpact broke the cardboard on the drivers side door panel, but the vinyl is still all in good shape. the other door panels are very nice. it has all the glass still in it, which is bolt in AND tinted. im willing to pull it out if anyone is looking for some. most of the body panels are trashed, but there is still a rear valance that is really nice and a few other things. it is a Std and has what looks like a deluxe interior. pulled a warranty tag off of it and this is what it says........

0F91H537271 K 52
65A 14A 6 X A

no im not sure what this all says seeing as its not the data plate itself, but a tag i found in the car. might have a houndstooth interior in it too. never seen a pattern like that in the junkyard. IF YOU NEED ANY PARTS LET ME KNOW SOON......... im not the only Cougar fiend that searches these yards so the parts will be gone fast. thanks.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Hope you are going to enter that Vin no into the CCOA registry...?:)

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, it HAD a console.... i saw the pieces everywhere :(

·
Registered
448 Posts
Parts

I'd like the rear valance, as well as the passenger wheel well moldings if they are still there. Let me know if you can get either, and how much $.
Thanks,
Paul Garvin
69 XR7 Convertible

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ILL PICK UP THE REAR VALANCE. I HAVE ONE WHEEL WELL MOULDING, BUT ITS SPOKEN FOR ALREADY. BUT ILL GET THE VALANCE IF ITS ALL STILL THERE. ILL LET YOU KNOW.

oops,damn caps lock

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hey Steve,

I need 2 parts if possible. I need and FMX kickdown rod and a throttle cable. Let me know if they are available. Thanks... Guy

·
Registered
29 Posts
any chance the center grill/nose deflectors are left in the hood?
I could also use the ignition switch mounted on the column.
Thanks, -Bud

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ill check out the kickdown and the throttle cable. keep in mind that the car has a very VERY hard front hit to it so they might not be any good. ill try to get my camera in there tomorrow to take a few shots of it. its a sad sight. out here in Cali... cars dont die from rust.... they get smashed.
BUDCAT70 - steering column is gone and the whole hood isnt there. i can only imagine what it would have looked like. i do have a center grill for a 70 though, but some of the ribs on it are cracked and there isnt and emblem. is you are interested, let me know. thanks

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here is the car. yeah i didnt recognize it the first time i saw it either. a hanging headlight door was how i ID'd it from afar. the rear of the car is still intact though. oh yeah, this car has that weird chrome trim around the vinyl top.... that worth picking up?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
another

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
and ONE more... is this the Houndstooth interior ive heard so much about?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Re: Parts

Paul G. said:
I'd like the rear valance, as well as the passenger wheel well moldings if they are still there. Let me know if you can get either, and how much $.
Thanks,
Paul Garvin
69 XR7 Convertible
picked up the real valance.i took some pics of it so just email me at [email protected] and ill send them to you.

as far as the kickdown rod and throttle cable goes... the engine was pushed back quite a bit and destroyed those parts. sorry.

i did find the hood.... ill just put it this way, it was about half as long as it should be. destroyed. sorry.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
steve
do me a favor and see if that drivers headlight door is any good i am looking for a left side headlight door
thanks
pat

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
how much geoff?
thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Steve----------

I would like to have the front and rear window setup complete if possible...Trim and everything...
shane:D

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Shane--- i emailed you about the glass already but i cna probably get the trim off the rear window. im not sure how the front glass trim is, but ill take a look.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts