Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Making room for a 1970 Gold Boss 302 just like the one I had in 1978, so I am selling this Eliminator--plus I fell in love with a Grabber Green similar car. According to Marti By The Numbers, this is the only Grabber Blue with Deluxe Ginger interior Cougar made in 1970. I have a Marti report. All original sheet metal except one floor board I replaced. Nice original glass. Original 4-speed, power steering, power disc brakes (added by me) and factory air. I bought this car in Richmond Va. It was sitting for a few years with the VIN'd trans in the trunk. It has a 1969 351W in it now--that's how I got it which was tight so I left that motor in. I have the original 351C for it and include it in the sale. I went through this car pretty good 3 years ago: new front end including upper/lower control arms, all new brakes including lines with factory front discs added, rebuild trans (pops out of 3rd occasionally), rebuilt all bearings 9 inch traction-lok rear with 3.91 gears, rebuilt steering box, rebuilt PS control valve/boom, new shocks, rebuilt AC/heater box, new headliner, new tires, added style steel wheels, new 3-row radiator, new original looking/sounding dual exhaust, new clutch, new carpet, new battery tray and panel, rebuilt disc brake pedal assembly, new gas tank, new water/gas pump ect. It runs and shifts perfectly....no smoke except from the rear tires. I have driven this car a lot the last 2 years---drives great! Motor is super quiet with no exhaust or fluid leaks. Good oil pressure. I replaced the driver long floor board. Frame rails/torque boxes are solid. Trunk floors are good. Rear window trim (window removed for headliner install) is in trunk. I include the original 351C engine (intake to pan), good original seats I found, good door panels, a good driver door shell (my Mom's neighbor hit it one day and ran inside his house), rust free hood and rust free deck lid (you are going to need these). It has a newish 750 dual feed double pumper Holley carb. I installed a manual choke too. The 351W has a mild grumpy cam and Edelbrock intake I put on. Motor revs extremey smoothly and idles good. Original exhaust manifoilds. New gas gauge stopped working, tach and speedo work sometimes. Blower motor is noisy (that can be changed easily). Cowl has some POR 15 repairs and does not leak. Lights all work, but right dash blinker lights is faintly on. It's ready to drive anywhere....well, anywhere you can tolerate the 3.91s......18K Rick (301) 779-0114

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
So you are saying that it this is an M code 1970 Eliminator?
Can you post the Marti report?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Sure wish I had the cash for this one, I love this car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the Marti report...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Obviously special ordered. A true 1 of 1 car.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Obviously special ordered. A true 1 of 1 car.
And what about the car makes you say that? The ext/int color combination? Just curious.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
And what about the car makes you say that? The ext/int color combination? Just curious.
That's what I would think, or was Ginger listed as an optional interior color?

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
SO the seats are still comfort weave? Does kinda look like it - I didn't think they offered those in Ginger, special order would have made it the XR7 seats I would have thought. It is a nice color combo though! Sounds like a great project!!

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
CBTN shows competition blue with that ginger interior as 1.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
The registry also shows an Eliminator in Competition Gold (U) with the 5F interior, that at one time was for sale in Oregon.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I'm glad it wasn't built 7 days later as I have yet to see one built on my b-day, 12-30. Plus the fact that my garage's are full.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
The registry also shows an Eliminator in Competition Gold (U) with the 5F interior, that at one time was for sale in Oregon.
Ok, now Gold and Ginger I can see... those colors are close and complement each other well. But Blue and Ginger? I've seen the pics, but I just don't have the "vision" for that combo :uhoh:

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
So the 9" TL/3.91 ratio is an upgrade, a good upgrade at that (if you don't mind 3.91).

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts