Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally put the correct 351w 4bbl motor in my '69 Mach 1, so the temporary engine is for sale now. It would be perfect for someone restoring a '70 model.

1970 351 Cleveland 4 bbl engine (complete).
Rebuilt in 2009 at a cost of 1900.00 (I do all my own engine work except machining)
Block is std. bore, it was tanked, honed with a torque plate, new cam bearings and block plugs.
Still has it's factory 11-1 pistons, new Hastings rings, rods were reconditioned, crank is .010/.010. Fresh oil pan, pump and pickup.
has a VERY mild aftermarket cam, performer intake , holley 650 carb (used). aluminum water pump, Chrome steel valve covers, factory exhaust manifolds. Has Ford Duraspark distributor, and accel wires.

This motor has about 4000 miles on the rebuild, and runs like a top!
Asking 2000.00 and yes, I can fire it up for you (I also would offer some of the A/C brackets for this engine to the buyer, if their car is A/C equipped.
[email protected] Sorry, i'd rather not ship it, engine is 1 hr north of Green Bay ,WI.

·
Registered
425 Posts
8 months ago I'd have been all over this when I discovered the 351C 4V in my 70 was a 73. My cougar is in lower west MI too, so it's close. Now I've already had the 73 built and it's back in the car. If I had the extra $2K, I'd buy it and stick it in a dry corner of the garage for future use. If you still have it in a few months, maybe we can talk.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts