Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 spd with 75,000 miles.is a car like this worth 14,000.he has the original invoice that says it is an eliminator car.i really like the car but dont know what to look for aside from cosmetics. i also want to get my moneys worth. is it true there were only 2200 of these cars produced? i value your guys opinions so give it to me straight. thanks
john

http://www.blwn5spd.com/70eliminatorpics.jpg

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
At that price it should be a pretty nice one. The photos look good but are low resolution. I don't see anthing odd or not right about it, except, is there a clock on the passenger side? Could just be the photo.

From NADA:
Low Retail Average Retail High Retail
$6,675 $11,650 $19,500
Options and Equipment
4 Speed Transmission add: $825 $1,050 $1,325
Total Price $7,500 $12,700 $20,825

·
Registered
698 Posts
1970 Eliminator

The car looks good in the pictures, but you would need better pictures or someone to look at it for you as I have seen photos of cars that turned out to be great paint over junk. I will post a link to the Eliminator site. As far as prices go, if the car is as good as it looks and pretty correct, it would be well worth it.If you have the invoice there is no question of it being original, unless someone created a counterfit invoice or did a rebody. Send me the vin number and I will check to see if I have any information on it in the registry. My email address is [email protected]
The Eliminator site address is Here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts