Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an original pair of valve covers for 351C XR7 I am working on. Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Where are you at? I may have a set.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I have a set too if Neal's don't work out.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am in NE Pennsylvania. I really only need the passenger side cover, but will buy both if you don't want to break up a set. I need the 1970 version with "Power by FORD" embossed on them.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I am in NE Pennsylvania. I really only need the passenger side cover, but will buy both if you don't want to break up a set. I need the 1970 version with "Power by FORD" embossed on them.
The covers are the same side to side to my knowledge. And, I have a single as I recall. What would you like to pay for one?

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Passenger and driver are different.
There is also a version that omits the "Powered by" as mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The driver's side has a bowtie shaped cutout for the oil filler cap. The passenger side has a smaller hole for the PCV hose.

Scott: Which version gets the "Power by FORD" as opposed to "FORD"?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
The driver's side has a bowtie shaped cutout for the oil filler cap. The passenger side has a smaller hole for the PCV hose.

Scott: Which version gets the "Power by FORD" as opposed to "FORD"?
Not true on a Cleveland in '70 at least, the hole in both covers are the bowtie shape and the grommet for the PCV is shaped that way on the outer part to fit that style hole.

I have a (later I believe) set of Pantera 351C covers and those (say Ford only) and have the holes as you have described Randy.

I located the cover (says Power by Ford), it's in nice shape, no pitting. Looking for a suitable box now.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Randy,

Check your PM's, sent you a message about the cover shipping and payment.

Robert

1 - 11 of 11 Posts