Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I'm DEFINITELY a little partial, but I like it too. '70 front seats, incorrect door cranks and crappy gas door crest, but yeah, pretty nice!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think the center console is missing as well. Wish they left it alone and didn't Eliminator clone it.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Looks sharp - but not 30k sharp

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
I hate when people say they have a Marti report then don't show it.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I got a buddy named Marty - he'll give me a report! :toung:

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I hate when people say they have a Marti report then don't show it.
Yeah, kinda like how I hate it when women with nice and/or big hooters don't show 'em...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I think the center console is missing as well. Wish they left it alone and didn't Eliminator clone it.
By the look of the panel under the center dash with the cigar lighter in it, it would appear that this car never had a console. The Marti Report would tell us, but thatsems to be MIA.

1970 seats are much more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Is it me or those 70 1/4 marker lights as well??

thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
I agree 100% about the Eliminator clone thing. It totally ruins a good car's looks. But at least it's fixable. I can understand taking an Eliminator and removing all things that make it an Eliminator, (because it will look better), but the other way around is just bad taste. In this case it can only hurt the resale value/chances. It's not just bad taste, it's a sin.

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Right side rear view mirror, black camara case dash inserts, competition paint....these things make a cougar look bad???

I agree that this 1970 vert didn't need the 69 eliminator clone look but there ain't nothing wrong with a real eliminator painted up bright with all the bells and whistles. Nothing at all.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Right side rear view mirror, black camara case dash inserts, competition paint....these things make a cougar look bad???

I agree that this 1970 vert didn't need the 69 eliminator clone look but there ain't nothing wrong with a real eliminator painted up bright with all the bells and whistles. Nothing at all.
I guess that's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors. So we can all be happy.

The right side rear view mirror is a great point unless you could also get it on non Eliminators. I don't know. Very useful device. I put a non stock one on my OF91H. I have one on my 91. I'd hate drive a car without it. I don't care for some of the Eliminator specific colors especially the School Bus Amber/Yellow. Except for the mirror (which I'm not sure is Elim only), my favorite Eliminator specific thing was the 1970 gas door. The walking cat is better than the LM Division thing. The black dash I could take it or leave it.

When I mentioned getting rid of all Eliminator things, I meant the main obvious things. The rear spoiler, the front spoiler, the stripes and the hood scoop which a magazine from the time called "a genuine decoration" (unless you order the R code).

I think Eliminators got better interior (decor group?) and suspension as standard equipment, but it was available as an option on other Cougars too.

I guess the coolest thing that you could get on an Eliminator only would be the Boss 302 engine.
But there were some very nice alternatives.
BTW, I really do like the 69 XR7 4 speed that I'm supposed to be talking about in this thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts