Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While sufing ebay, I ran across this beauty:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1835876493

It is in terrible shape, and is far beyond restoring. But it has/had: power windows, 351 2v, 4spd, tinted windows, air conditioning, it's an XR7 convertible, with what's left of a black leather interior, many more options, plus a clear title.

Sadly, the car is split in half, the motor doesn't start, it has rusty floors, no keys, 3 of 4 brakes locked up preventing the car from being moved, 4 flat tires, and rust everywhere. The car looks like either a mediocre parts car of even a body swap candidate that could take a standard droptop into a loaded XR7. Not that I would do it, but it would be possible. If anyone is interested in the car for parts let me know if you are crazy enough to buy it, as I may want some parts off it. I'd consider buying the car (Not for $650), but it is over a thousand miles from here.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
judging by the name of the bidder... looks like one of our own may have been taken by it..... looks like a few decent parts off of it though. i dont think id pay 650 for it, but if it was cheap enoguh yeah id buy it.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
beyond chiken wire, bondo and duck tape

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
pitty. that was once a fine Cougar.

·
Registered
266 Posts
hey...someone found my old car.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
hey at least it has some nice parts we may be able to get out of the carcass. Remeber cougars are notorius for not wasting anything shure wish it was a pony though for the feast then one of our own.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey cougarguy, are you the same as the cougarman that is the high bidder on the car? Because if you are, do I have a parts wanted list for you.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
nope not me but i do believe there is a cougarman listed here check the members section

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Too bad. I'll have to get in touch with the winning bidder and see if he will sell or trade some parts.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Geez,

I park my car in a field for a day or two, share a peace pipe with the locals in some sort of steam filled tent.. when I come out, my car is gone.. have you seen it? it was a "near new" condition 69 xr7 convertible... I left it sitting right over there... :confused:

thanks,

"walksin daze withoutta car"

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Yeah I saw that and tought about it as Rockfords only 3 hrs or so from me. In fact I used to go to the stock car auctions up there, BUT $650 is a little much for it as it dosent have any thing I really need. I would give $300-400 and go get it for the 69 motor and 4 spd set up. But again I dont really need it and wouldnt be worth the effort parting it out to make a buck at that price and the 10 mpg to go get it. Might be worth it to someone close who needed a orignal 69 motar and trans. It really is pitifull to look at though. When I seen it I called my wife over to look at it as she wants a droptop and told her I found her one, and I wont repeat what she told me. mm

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i dunno Mark... seen the price of toploaders lately?? i bet that can be hocked for the price of the car altogether... hey Cougrrrman.... want to get rid of the posi in it????? i want one

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Stick a fork in it....... It's done:cry:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Between the A/C , power windows,toploader, disk brake spindles,pedal ass'y ,probably a 9 inch rear, bolt in glass, convertable top frame, and lower rocker mouldings that car is worth $650 if it's close to you.Front bumper doesn't look that bad either. I just bought and parted a 70 stang i paid $600 for just to get the A/C and disk brake setup. Wish that cougar was near me i'd turn mine into a vert.
Glen

1 - 20 of 23 Posts