Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a local 69 XR7 vert that is eaten alive from rust. There are some decent parts:

Convertible top mechanism and wiring
XR7 vert well trim (hockey sticks) not badly pitted, will need re-chroming, but all studs are intact and it has the weatherstrip still attached and center stainless pieces
Deck lid looks OK
Hood OK
Front valence OK
Convertible windshield trim, inside and out, including sun visors
Good black door panels, some small repairs done, but look good
Convertible rear quarter interior trim good
351W engine starts on a gas can
FMX auto (no big deal, I know, but it is there)
9" rear, mundane 3.00: 1 gears
PS, PDB
Door and quarter glass
All the wiring, gauges, etc.

Seats and console are gone. Dash is toast.

There's really nothing special here (except maybe the hockey sticks) but I'd rather not see it crushed. Please let me know if there's something you want, and what you are prepared to pay for it. Fair offers, please. If there's enough interest, I'll go get it. I may only have a couple weeks before it goes to the scrapper, so don't wait.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to add:

Front grille. Complete and unbroken. Pitted, but has been sanded down and shot in black. Center piece unbroken. Useful for someone trying to replicate the Eliminator look.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If this is all the interest there is, I'll grab what I can and let it go to the crusher.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I dont need anything today...but will in the future grab as much stuff as you can they usually make a good deal if you get alot of things...just be careful getting stuff off sucks to break things when they are almost off...

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I drench parts in penetrating oil before I try to get them off, especially these East coast rust buckets. I may get the thing anyway and inventory it for future use. I was just surprised at the lack of response.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Pictures , Pictures , and more Pictures ! First thing you need is a few pictures of the condition of this 69 XR7 vert ; after that you will get the requests , questions and some lowballers . But your parts will sell . Oh and be patient.

And there's CL and Ebay

One more thing , this belongs in the 69-70 parts for sale section.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was checking before I bothered to go after it as I don't need anything from it myself. I don't really have the space for it, but didn't want it to get crushed without being picked over if possible. The cars here are rust buckets. There's rust, New Jersey rust, and then there's Pocono rust. Not sure pictures will do it any favors!

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
If you can get it for the right price , you can't go wrong. That is if there are good parts to sale , $ adds up pretty quick, but it also takes some time to sell parts. But at least the parts go to help another project.

Plus some parts are the same for Mustangs in 69, so they do good on Ebay.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If this vehicle has an unmolested taillight harness,, the one from behind the drivers door to the rear including low fuel pigtail I could use that. Price based on condition.....

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If this vehicle has an unmolested taillight harness,, the one from behind the drivers door to the rear including low fuel pigtail I could use that. Price based on condition.....

I don't know what shape it is in. I'll get the car home and the part off, photograph it and you can decide if you want it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I am interested in the convertible top well trim. Mine has a couple broken studs. What would you want for it.

Paul

1 - 20 of 30 Posts