Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'll take it!!! Would make a great match to my hardtop (except for interior colour). Not sure the owner would want to deal with an aussie and shipping hassles though by the sounds of things! :(

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
I'll take it!!! Would make a great match to my hardtop (except for interior colour). Not sure the owner would want to deal with an aussie and shipping hassles though by the sounds of things! :(
I know where there is a 70 428 XR7 convert that used to sit beside yours in the same garage that will be on the market after the engine is rebuilt

·
Registered
195 Posts
How's that engine rebuild going Leon? I'm almost back on the road, just working on the brake bleed after a new master. Painful.

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
I'll start it after Cooly Rocks and the station wagon vacates its spot and heads for its new home in germany. Probably finish the rebuild around the end of July, depending on what needs to be done (it should just need rings, bearings, valve seats and water pump) I'm going to reroute the brake lines while the engine is out. BTW - did you get the XR7 428 NSW plate with the coupe?

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'll start it after Cooly Rocks and the station wagon vacates its spot and heads for its new home in germany. Probably finish the rebuild around the end of July, depending on what needs to be done (it should just need rings, bearings, valve seats and water pump) I'm going to reroute the brake lines while the engine is out. BTW - did you get the XR7 428 NSW plate with the coupe?
No, and a pity as that would have been cool. Came instead with CJR 428 plate, which isn't too bad but xr7 would be better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts