Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm selling AquaVert. Q-vert will miss his little-block buddy, but I just don't have space for both, and don't give either enough attention.

Listed on eBay....
AquaVert

P.S. Does anyone know how to delete all the extra white space between the ad text and pictures?
(update - the extra space went away all on its own. Must be an eBay thing.)

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, Don... the console is painted. The original one was badly cracked. I think the only original pieces on the console are the box lid and ashtray doors. I don't think you'll find a nicer aqua dash pad, though.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
How much I got would'nt pay state taxes!!! (I just bought a 70 Mustang convertible that is in the process of getting redone paid alot less than 12,500)

I would say yes a little high...If you want that much you really need to do a full blown ad with big and lots of pictures...Even then... with rust...

Good luck

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
How much you got? :evil:

The problem is that I like the car more than the market probably does. I'm already having second thoughts about just putting it in storage for a couple years. Having said that, the reserve is 12,500. Too optimistic??
Rob,

Best of luck with the sale and I think you have accurately and honestly represented the car, that is a big plus. As for the reserve, sorry to say that I don't think you'll need to worry about the second thoughts on storage.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Its hard to sell a car you are attached to the sentimental value vs real value can get in the way...I know it would take a boatload of cash to sell Jessica for no other reason than all I put into her time wise...Someone asked how much for her I said 50k (she has never been for sale) He said i was crazy not worth that much told him I did not have her for sale, you asked me how much to sell her I told you...On the cars I put back together, I have no emotional attachment and makes it easy to sell them because going in I know how much it is worth when I am done...When I buy i figure out how much is it going to be worth when it is finished minus how much work $ and a couple bucks in my pocket...I sold my 1969 Convertible XR7 4 months ago (sold 3 of them over the years) for 15K done...

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, if you're selling them "done" for 15k, then I'm more than a bit optimistic with my reserve. Oh well, it's easier to lower the price than raise it. I think watchers/bidders get an email from eBay if (when) I lower the reserve, so we'll see what happens as the week progresses. I did look at closed auctions before listing to get an idea on what they're selling for, but making comparisons is somewhat subjective.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Mr. Eos, I have not seen your car yet, however I must say that your price is lower than what I paid for my 68 XR7 and that was before I started the restoration. I rekon if someone is out there looking for a car like what you are offering they will be all over it. I wanted a paticular car optioned a paticular way. Took me seven years to find and when I did I didn't hesitate very long. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
Mr. Eos, I have not seen your car yet, however I must say that your price is lower than what I paid for my 68 XR7 and that was before I started the restoration. I rekon if someone is out there looking for a car like what you are offering they will be all over it. I wanted a paticular car optioned a paticular way. Took me seven years to find and when I did I didn't hesitate very long. Good luck!
Agreed! I paid that for mine, and cannot regret, because it was what I wanted. Someone easily could see the same in yours

Jean

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm tidying up the car as a local guy who saw the eBay auction is coming to take a look. Trying to find my convertible boot cover which, for unknown reasons, is not in the trunk. Dang, where'd I put that thing?

Anyway, while in the trunk, I decide to look at the body hanger hole things that are a known rust spot. I don't think I've ever looked before, because when I pulled back the mat and sound deadener, I found this:

Can't believe I never looked before. I had searched the interior for a build sheet when I first got the car and found a very disintegrated one.

Oh... the body hanger holes looked pretty good. Just minimal rust around the circumference where no paint was applied.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Neat find...warning keep it out of the sunlight...I had mine and for some reason it was outside in the sunlight and turned black!!!!

Good luck with the sale hope you get a fair price for her....

·
Registered
114 Posts
You have found the Holy Grail ! Hard to find them in that condition. So much information contained on that piece of paper that helps in restoring one. Has got to sweeten the deal in my opinion ! Put in a plastic sleeve, then the vault.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
12 Hours left in the auction. Drove around yesterday and really started to second guess selling the car. I need a bigger garage. No room to expand on my lot, so I'd need a new house too. Cost of keeping car $300k ... LOL.

Lowered the reserve and will let the auction go to the end. If anyone bid or has this on your watch list, did you get an email from eBay saying the reserve was lowered?

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
No email sent but did notice that it was lowered. Good luck with the sale. She's gonna make the new owner proud.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts