Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The person i purchased my parts for my 70 and chuck aka ragcat and wrecked115 has a 69 sports special up for sale that he just purchased.It has the original 351w that was rebuilt about 20k miles ago and has the original tranny and rearend.It needs a exhaust as its been sitting for quite some time.It comes with a pair of 1/4 panels if wanted for the build.He is asking 2800 with 1/4s cut from another 69 and 2500 w/o 1/4s. If you want more info on the car to contact chris at : [email protected]

thanks
pat

p.s. remember this is a PROJECT car

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
PAT on a scale of 1 to 10, (10 being good) where would you put the rust condition of the underside? Drop-offs, torque boxes. etc....

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Does it come with the stick for holding the hood open? :buck: Sorry, I couldn't resist.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what he said the underside is pretty solid.If you get in contact with him im sure he can give you the lowdown on the car. Bob yeah i think the stick is a rare option for the car lol.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I hope to make a quick trip down to Chris' house tomorrow before work. If anyone wants any specific pics/info on this car drop me a line and I'll see what I can do pending time. About a 2 hour trip one way and am planning on leaving around 6:00 AM tomorrow morning so reply quick if interested.
Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I'd like info on just how rusty it is. Particularly the floor fronts and cowl area, front rails, and the rest of the partridge that roosts in the pear tree.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Cool Granada wheels......

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Cool car, scrap wheels.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Here is a link to my photobucket account with 61 pics of this car. It was sitting on a trailer with two front flats so I just stuck my camera underneath and snapped best I could. Found one surprise in the trunk (or should I say a surprise found my right index finger?:angryfi:) (pic # 044 on page 1). Been a long day and need to hit the sack. I'll post VIN info and opinions tomorrow evening. http://s951.photobucket.com/albums/ad359/yellowragcat69/1969 Cougar SS/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
Thanks
Chuck

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
VIN and Door Tag info:

VIN 9F91H578230
Door Plate Data 65A I 1G 06F 21 6 X
Model Year 1969
Assembly Plant Dearborn, Michigan (F)
Body Style Standard, Hardtop 2 dr (91)
Engine Model 351-2V Windsor (H)
Sequential Number 78230
Exterior Color Medium Lime Metallic (I)
Interior Trim Lt. Ivy Gold Corinthian--All Vinyl (1G)
Date Code 06 of June (06F)
District Sales Office Atlanta, GA (21)
Axle Ratio/Type 3.00 non-locking (6)
Transmission Model FMX Automatic (X)

Being a SS, a neat car. Because I couldn't see underneath all that great, I thought it wasn't in too bad of shape as for rust except the trunk lid and passenger side fender. I think the pictures I was able to blindly take show rusted driver floor pan for sure, but the torque boxes/frame? What do you guys think? A ton of thick bondo over entire driver rear fender. IMHO the shock towers/underneath hood/front frame looked pretty good. Chris said the motor runs and runs good. Passenger side of the trunk looks good. Passenger side has rust. Was moving some of the stuff to take a better pic of the rusted frame in the trunk driver side when my little wasp friends found my right index finger. Hadn't been bee stung in a long time. Forgot how it felt.. LOL!! Although far from perfect, the interior, except the driver seat and headliner really don't look too bad and, I think, would clean up decently. A decent non ripped dash is included in the sale. He wants to keep the console for a 'stang though. :( All in all, I think it is salvageable, but definitely a work of love of the car requiring fairly deep pockets and/or mad skills. Not quite (I think) an ECI Bob restore, put possibly close. Chris is going to hold her for sale for 30 days after which he is going to part her out if no sale. At $2500, I think it is worth the price and would love to see someone restore her, but..... I think we all know it is worth more if parted out. If interested contact Chris through e-mail or me for his personal cell. The clock is ticking.....
Thanks
Chuck

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope some can save this car cause he (chris) would like to see someone restore it rather then it become a parts car.If it wasnt for my 70 and the other projects id jump at the chance to buy it, restore it n put some magnum 500s n cruise.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
384 Posts
Does it come with the stick for holding the hood open? :buck: Sorry, I couldn't resist.
I think the Moderator no super Moderator should do something about this type of post. The poor guy is just trying to sell a car for his friend and this is the type of reply....................

Well it is off to the dinner for diner for me

Talk soon
Bob you still in MD?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I think the Moderator no super Moderator should do something about this type of post. The poor guy is just trying to sell a car for his friend and this is the type of reply....................

Well it is off to the dinner for diner for me

Talk soon
Bob you still in MD?
The nerve of some people, huh Stu? Yes, I am back working in Md. this week.

Sorry for the hijack (Stu made me do it).

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gentleman that owns this car confirmed he sold it last week as a father n son project.He is in the process of picking up a picked over 69 that had clean front sheetmetal.

thanks
pat

1 - 16 of 16 Posts