Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm looking for a Hoodscoop and Spoiler for a 1969 Mercury Cougar. If anyone is looking into selling some, please contact me. Thanks!

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
johnsclassiccougars.com has em I believe

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
ELIMINATOR CLONE OR ORIGINAL

IF YOU ARE DOING AN ORIGINAL YOU SHOULD HAVE BID ON MY ORIGINAL 69 REAR WING. IT DID NOT SELL FOR MY FAIR PRICE SO I AM KEEPING IT FOR NOW. IF YOU'RE INTERESTED THEN LET ME KNOW. JOHN'S COUGAR DOES HAVE REPRO FRONT CHIN SPOILERS AND HOOD SCOOPS.VINTAGE RACERS RULE..!!. :)

67 VINTAGE TRANS AM RACER
69 SPRING SPORTS SPECIAL DRIVER
69 CONVERTIBLE CRUISER

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Fair price? Dont take this wrong, I'm not trying to be critical and everyone has there opinions. I ran across the auction and I am surprised that if that was a fair price that it didnt sell. I mean its a nice piece that is in high demand and it was in a high visabilty place. I mean the owner has there opinion of the value, but its the buyer that actually sets the value. I would be interested if the others on this board thought of this. Maybe it hurt that the trunk lid and spoiler were packaged together? mm

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
YES, IAGREE. IT'S A BUYER'S MARKET!

I HAVE ASKED AROUND TO SEVERAL COUGAR PEOPLE AND EVEN ON THIS "COUGAR FORUM" AND THE GOING RATE WAS BETWEEN $550 AND $900. THERE ARE TWO CORRECT TRUNKS FOR THE 69 ELIMINATOR. EARLY ONES WITH NO UNDERTRUNK SUPPORT PLATES FOR THE STANTIONS ( BASICALLY A STANDARD TRUNK ) WHICH MINE IS; AND THE LATER 69 STYLE CLOSER TO THE 70 ELIMINATOR WITH SUPPORT PLATES UNDERNEATH THE WING STANTIONS.; BUT STILL USING THE 69 ONLY HOLLOW ABS WING..SO I GURSS I KEEPO IT UNTIL SOMEONE REALLY NEEDS IT. IT'S LIKE DON NICHOLSON'S 428CJ 69 COUGAR FOR $200,000. I THINK THAT IS A FAIR PRICE EVEN THOUGH I CAN'T AFFORD IT NOW. IF I COULD IWOULD BUY IT FOR THAT AND MAYBE MORE.. HOW MUCH WOULD YOU PAY FOR DON NICHOLSONS ONE OF TWO BOSS 429 COUGAR THAT IS IN INDIANA NOW??
AS THE YEARS GO BY, THE SKY'S THE LIMIT ON THESE RARE ITEMS LIKE AN ORIGINAL 69 WING OR THE 14" WHEELS THAT EVERYONE THROWS AWAY TO PUT ON 15' OR 16' WHEELS. BUT CATZ, KEEP ON CRUSIN' . I'VE GOT A SET OF FIBERGLASS BUMPERS TO GET FOR MY 67 ( $750.00 ) TO GO RACING. VINTAGE RAVERS RULE!!!!
:D

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
hey if you want the real thing you pay the price on to be concourse correct lots will. I on the other hand will pay 135 for a repop but hey im cheap and my xr7 never came with one so why waste a concourse part on something im doing just to please my eye. but i dont think your unfair in your price for a nice origanal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts