Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gasket? I got the new turn signal chrome bezel's for all four corners. Is there supposed to be a gasket that goes between the trim and the body?

·
Registered
913 Posts
There are no gaskets under side lights on 69.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah....I did answer my own question after a bit more searching..
You guys are the best!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
The gaskets on side lights have served 2 purposes , one for a water seal where it needs to be , the second to cushion the edge of the hard trim from cutting the paint causing a rust .

Back in the 80's the Buick Somerset would cut into paint and rust at the bumper extensions that went into the fender . They were made out off a hard plastic material so the had edges . Not all did but most and can still be seen today on them . We removed them , smoothed them over and after repaint reinstalled them with great success .

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Actually the lights are easy to find!

<table id="dlProducts" border="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td> <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td width="125"> 86.1% Match

No reviews yet
Rating: none

</td><td> 1969 - 1970 Mercury Cougar / Ford Mustang 161 Exterior Side Marker Light Bulb - Repro
Item #: 2000450 - Availability: Normal Stock Item

[more info...] </td> </tr></tbody></table> <hr class="CategoryProductSeperator">

</td> </tr><tr> <td> <table border="0"><tbody><tr><td width="125"> 83.3% Match

No reviews yet

</td><td> 1969 Mercury Cougar / Ford Mustang Side Marker Light Bezels - Repro
Item #: 1001715 - Availability: Normal Stock Item

[more info...] </td> </tr></tbody></table> <hr class="CategoryProductSeperator">

No reviews yet

</td><td> 1969 Mercury Cougar / Ford Mustang Rear Side Marker Light Lens - Repro
Item #: 1001716 - Availability: Normal Stock Item
Part of Ford part #C9AZ-15A201-C assembly.

No reviews yet

</td><td> 1969 Mercury Cougar / Ford Mustang Front Side Marker Light Lens - Repro
Item #: 1001717 - Availability: Normal Stock Item

[more info...] </td></tr></tbody></table>

</td></tr></tbody></table>

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But there is no gasket for the 69 listed here, and that is what I needed. I just bought the new trim surrounds for the 69, and then the guy says...."Where are the gaskets to go with?" And I said, gaskets? Oooops....

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
OR just go to a hardware store an cut your own out of some weather stripping....about 10 minutes of work there. I picked up some LED bulbs for those but haven't tried them out yet - very interesting on how they made them!

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don, these might be a good thing to add to the "while you are at it" page on the new catalog.
Meaning, when somebody clicks on a set of the chrome marker bezels, these should show up too!

·
Registered
913 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts