Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share some pic's of my Shelby Gauge pod installation in my 1969 Eliminator clone.
DSCF0941.jpg DSCF0943.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Looks nice Ray. I have one I recently picked up but haven't put it in yet. Two questions. One, does the fan control or temp lever hit the pod? Looks close. Two, I forget how my console went together but it appears to me that I am going to have to take the whole damn thing out in order to change out the ash tray for the pod! Any words for me?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Bob, my car did not come with a console so it was a little easier for me to install. You are correct about removing the whole console to get the ash try out. If the gauge pod is the one from Mustangs unlimited it will need to be cut down. Also the top plate will need to me modified and the console moved rearward about 1 1/2". Even after cutting the gauge pod down and moving the console rearward the temp control lever need to be bent up just a little to clear the gauges. I can send you pic's of what I did if needed.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ray, I put one in my '69 Mustang GT Convertible. I think it was cool ... but I had to disconnect the oil pressure gauge in the dash to make the pod work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts