·
Registered
2,400 Posts
scammer????

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Vert and s code ....very nice...

Scammer? You mean just joined...o feedback... 4 pictures (that look scanned in) and no phone # ...bad description...No way...lol

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
I still smell a rat. That car has been for sale, and in an ebay scam, in the past.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In 2008 I had some PM with on member from this board about this car:

"I saw the car about 1 month ago on ebay on the one hand from the guy who sold it now, and on the other hand by a guy from Texas. The seller from TX wanted about 11K USD.
Pics were the same (with the dog, I think Nutella is its name), and also the same disciption of the car.
Maybe he gave the car to http://resurrectionrods.com/ to repair / paint and did not pay, so they now sell the car to get their money.

I am searching - maybe I will find the old ebay link.

kind regards
Oliver

Originally Posted by XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Hi Kyle,
I am the guy who won the "smokin' deal" blue 69 conv. on ebay. In your answer to Don, you said that the same car was for sale in Texas. Could you provide some more info so I can check this out.
Thanks,"

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Must be the 10th time these pictures has been used on eBay for the last 2 years. Seller is not responding to questions. Definitely another scam attempt.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Listing has been removed, but I just got an e-mail from the scammer: :whore:

I'm sorry for the late reply, i have some health problems. Here's a link with more pics:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
The cougar is in very good condition and it looks great inside and outside, no damage or mechanical problems. It received a frame-off restoration. The title is clear and the car was never involved in an accident. My final price is $9800 - the buyer gets insured shipping and a 30 days free of charge return policy and inspection period. For safety reasons i will only deal through ebay. Let me know if you're still interested.

Chris

I guess his health problems are mental? Anyways, I just sent him a message asking for some additional information and how we could finalize the deal now the the car has been removed from eBay.... I am awaiting his answer :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, that is the Cougar I restored and had at Carlisle last summer in one of the indoor displays. And those pics are from the original listing I bought it from on ebay. You would think, after all of the attempts to run the scam with this car, they would move on to something else. Isn't the dog a dead giveaway?

Fran

1 - 11 of 11 Posts