Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Looking around for a 69 rim blow switch.. last year I messed up an NOS one trying to install. Hate putting these things in. NOS is too pricey and generally don't hold up well..
Been to WCCC and they seem to be out of stock on the good reproduction that is better than the original. I think the 70 switch is a different length than the 69 so can't use the 70 repop..
Don't want to waste my $ on the cheap Taiwan repros that are out there for the Mustang...
So now what..
Don, are we gonna get any more of the good/best vinyl 69 reproductions again??

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Carpenter has made a good repop on the 70-74 version and now that the "good" 69 version is no more I am guessing he will do it in time as it is a popular item. For clarification, the NOS switches found in the long cardboard tube are spot on, the ones in the square box are from FoMoCo are made in Mexico circa 19990's and are junk. I say sit tight and wait for better option to pop. I will be making a "how to" installation video in the near future, stay tuned!

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good Don..
The video will be helpful.
BTW, the NOS one I messed up was in a square FOMOCO box. Good to know I didn't mess up a "good" one..Darn thing seemed to separate while I was putting it in...well, live and learn..

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I still remember the nightmare I had replacing mine. It had melted to the wheel. Soooo much fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts