Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, here it is; I put up for sale this "concourse close" restoration of my 1969 Mercury Cougar. This car has been restored with the love and dedication that it deserves. Only 303 cars were built with this 428CJ engine. Every part on this car went thru my hands with care. I bought the rust-free car, and took it completely apart, just to be sure that it was rust free. To make it perfect, I have media blasted the car and metallised it. Afterwards it had a good coat of epoxy primer to eliminate all possible humidity entering the metal. Then we started with straightening and painting. It has two layers of candy apple red, and two layers of clear-coat. This car could withstand rain, although it has never been in the rain since.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
The car is always garage kept on a temperature of app. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="19°C">19°C</st1:metricconverter> (<st1:metricconverter w:st="on" ProductID="66°F">66°F</st1:metricconverter>). During the winter period the car is stored on blocks under the chassis to prevent the rear leaf spring from sagging. The front suspension is stored like described in the manual.<o:p></o:p>
The 428 Cobra Jet engine is rebuilt by a professional, and has most things new like; time gear, pistons, ignition… The block is balanced and runs very good. I have installed an oil cooler as well (heat kills’ engines)<o:p></o:p>
C-6 transmission.<o:p></o:p>
Rear axle is a “N-case” and I installed a “powertrax” traction locker, with the ‘street-springs’ installed, but have the original differential still at home.<o:p></o:p>
Tires; front 245x60x15<o:p></o:p>
Rear; 275x60x15 both on magnum 500 rims. I’d let myself go and produced my own centercaps. They’re made of rust free steel with ‘Cougar’ engraved in it and then polished like a mirror.<o:p></o:p>
New vinyl top, new headliner, new carpet… White leather seats completely redone in very good condition.<o:p></o:p>
This is a great opportunity to own a rare luxurious muscle car that's ready to roll.

For more pictures, PM me at [email protected]

Car is located in Belgium

price 62000 Us $

Attachments

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Beautiful car Luc!! That mansion in the background is something special as well! I might make that my screen saver at work to see who asks me about it...... ;>P

Good luck with the sale - let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx, the mansion is from one of the riches guys in our town, i thought it was a nice set-up for a picture :)
I'm looking for shipping prices to bring the car back "home" to the States...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts