Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this add in the Greensboro N.C craigslist. May be a great buy for someone in the market for what is described as a original 351 4bbl windsor 4speed toploader car. I have not contacted the seller. The add does have some pictures of the exterior and motor but no interior pictures. A contact phone number is listed. Asking price is $3500.00 may be worth a call. Cannot tell if the paint is original but it looks like Maroon to me.

http://greensboro.craigslist.org/cto/2192623628.html

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Looks like an original power dome hood stripe on the car. I'd love to see the marti report. If that car were a little closer I might be calling.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
Guys he says its original,burgundy interior,non xr7 car,ac supposively all in the trunk,power steering,has bad gas tank(he thinks disc brakes,but not forsure),driver side quarter is rusted out,and he says driver side floors are rusting. But he says its hood and trunk he isnt forsure if rusted underneath or not. Been sitting for 10 years,says owner ordered it with the 4 speed.Isnt a computer guy and not a cougar guy,so probally a mustang guy will grab it up for the drive train soon,if a cougar guy dont get it.3000 Offer has been made,and he hasnt taken it from another inquiry. If someone gets its I have a driver quarter complete for it!!! Its near greensboro,north carolina (top).Its 6 hours from me so hope someone gets its,gas too high for me! He says he isnt starving so not looking for lowballers!! Hope someone checks it out.Remember he isnt a computer guy,and his buddy is the one that listed it for him so call and get your information.
john

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
No factory Hurst shift handle in 1969.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
^^Good point Scott....likely to be more wrong if that's the case. Still "appears" to be pretty solid (says the ECI!! ). Worth a look at that price if it's negotiable. Even with flat fronts the rear is sagging a bit much....?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts