Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been working on making the car as original and complete as possible. Original intake and carb installed, Power steering installed, had to rebuild slave because it had a slow leak. Found a used AC compressor and lines and with new drier blows ice cold converted to R143A. and it still looks original at the fittings. Bought a concours correct antenna and used rubber mount and found a new looking AM radio. The clock was junk so I found one and cleaned and adjusted it to not lose or gain time. Polished the gauge lenses. New fuel tank, repaired the sender to work and also low fuel light now works soldered in a new sensing devise. Restored exhaust manifolds and has new exhaust with correct hangers and nice pipe downturns on the tail pipes. New spark plug and date correct Ign wires. Correct pcv valve and hose. Have a replacement dash coming next week. It is a pleasure to drive. Smooth as silk I see no need for paint at this time as I do not feel it would increase the value enough with today's soft market. It actually gets more attention at shows that the Factory Five

Engine from this

To This

Dash From This

To This

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Looks a lot better Lew, nice work! Now you can drive/enjoy and not have to worry about a paint chip. have fun....

·
Registered
307 Posts
Howdy everyone.Lew has put alot of time into this cat & it's looking really sweet!(Onetime he even used it to deliver a dash to me)shoulda seen the look on peoples faces at work !!! Congrats on a great car Lew, Bosscat40.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Looks like quite the find! Even still has the caution fan sticker LOL!!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Please take this in the spirit it is intended (it is not meant to offend you!). Are you planning on doing something about that coil mounting? Bracket looks correct, but the orientation is not correct. Otherwise carry on and looks good!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
No offense taken. I can't do anything with that yet because the wiring from the electronic conversion in the dist is not long enough. Great catch. But you missed the chrome dipstick, incorrect solonoid and battery cables.....

Hope I don't offend you Lew, but planning on doing something about that coil mounting? Bracket looks correct, but the orientation is not correct. Otherwise carry on and looks good!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
LOL, well I didn't want to get too too picky Lew!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts