Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I found CJ cougar this past summer in Northern Alabama. Was going to buy it but when I went back it was gone. It was missing everything. Drivetrain, interior and rear end. The then owner had sold the drivetrain in a mustang in the 80’s .
Motor vehicle Font Gas Metal Rectangle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Plant Tire
Car Plant Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
5,764 Posts
Did the owner say what happened to it? I was very interested in buying that 70 vert next to it, but i personally got to much going on into my 70 vert as well as were planning on moving next year. So it be pointless to buy another and have to start all over again.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kisslust,
If you don't find the std 69 CJ from Alabama you might be interested in a 69 R code XR-7 located in western Va. about 20 miles from Kingsport Tn. Body condition is similar to the one in your photos. A roller, w/o engine/trans, does have a rear axle. It does have hood with scoop. Vinyl on roof is shot. Leather interior is there but is in bad shape. If you want more info let me know. Price is about $1900.
Greg

·
Registered
264 Posts
I’ve got a pretty good 69 CJ project that is very very original but it is a project. The engine is out but has been done already by Keith Craft racing and broken in and dynode. It has very little rust it is a great car for someone looking for a project. Like I said mostly all original, vin stamped engine, vin tamped transmission, exhaust manifolds, radiator, fan, everything is original except the carburetor was missing. It’s AC tilt away Power windows and XR7. I have a lot of 69 parts that will go along with it. It’s in Central Arkansas. 9F93Q

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve got a pretty good 69 CJ project that is very very original but it is a project. The engine is out but has been done already by Keith Craft racing and broken in and dynode. It has very little rust it is a great car for someone looking for a project. Like I said mostly all original, vin stamped engine, vin tamped transmission, exhaust manifolds, radiator, fan, everything is original except the carburetor was missing. It’s AC tilt away Power windows and XR7. I have a lot of 69 parts that will go along with it. It’s in Central Arkansas. 9F93Q
Hey interested if you still have it. Email me at [email protected]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts