Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Frank
just by the vin numbers on the ebay listing there could you tell if it was a fake? Iwouldnt pay 8500 for the other one since it needs a ton of work and being a clone.Plus this one here if you look youll see the windshield post has some rot .Iwouldnt get it, a main structure that badly rusted.
A shame that people have to try n pass a car as THE REAL THING and cant even be man/woman enough to admit that iit is not a original eliminator.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
In some cases I think it is just a case of pure ignorance on the part of the seller. Take the one that was for sale near me... The guy just didn't know his car was not a true eliminator. He saw the stripes and thought it was real... AND he did remove the "eliminator" for the ad when he was corrected... BUT if they continue with the ad as it stands (H code) that is just fraud plain and simple and should be exposed as such

Don

Don

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Eliminator clone

Look at the dash...
Mine has the black, no woodgrain or shiney rings.
Still looks to be in a heck of a lot better shape than mine is...
Someone wanting to buy a real Eliminator should not make a purchase if they cannot verify w/ a Marti Report, because the paperwork is what makes the Eliminator.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
badcat427 said:
This car on Ebay seems to be a phony.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1874225272 It is not in the registry and has wood grain dash panels. If anyone gets interested in it, I would advise you to get in touch with Kevin Marti. There is another 1969 on Ebay right now that is a clone. It has an H code engine.
Yeah, Frank but are those not the correct seats???? And its a decore int with a M code vin. Just checking, let me know on the seats. mm

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
modifiedmark,

My Eliminator Has wood grain dash, I don't know if it's original. The comfort weave seats could be correct for elininator if it had decour option.

I'm trying to get VIN & door codes for an other 69 to verify with Marty before offering on it.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Just reread my last post. The car is Eliminator the dash I don't know about. I have gotten conflicting Info on the wood grain being offerd.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Eliminator dash

All Eliminators had black camera case dash inserts. They also had the clock over the glove box. I emailed the guy and asked if he had any documentation as to the car being an original Eliminator. His reply was that it was not an XR7 by the body code of 91, but he had no documentation. If you are interested in the car you can call Kevin and he will tell you one way or another for about seven dollars. Swamper, your dash is incorrect.

·
Registered
86 Posts
A friend on mine got the door codes from the guy and the color is originally Bright Yellow--Elim Only. Charcoal Black Corinthian Vinyl and Charcoal Black Levant patterened vinyl--not sure what that came with. It is also a 3 speed manual car, although it is now listed as automatic. I am not sure what to think of it. He could have changed the dashboard and just used the wood grain, or it could be a rebodied car only using some interior parts, the vin plate and the driver's side door. Who knows? I don't live close to Miami anymore, so I don't have the oppertunity to check it out for anyone interested.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Eliminator?

CougarAOD said:
A friend on mine got the door codes from the guy and the color is originally Bright Yellow--Elim Only. Charcoal Black Corinthian Vinyl and Charcoal Black Levant patterened vinyl...

It doesnt matter, there was nothing on an Eliminator that you couldnt order on any other car. (Except the Boss motor)
The Marti Reports or the paperwork from Mrs. Lois Eminger will tell you for sure.
I was extremely lucky in the fact that I bought mine the same way and then later found out for sure.
Lived and learned...
Shane:xoli:

·
Registered
633 Posts
The Elim only colors were available on all cougars. Elim Only is refering to the only colors offered on an Eliminator. If you ordered a Eliminator Package you only had 4 choices of exterior paint.

LiLWrink

I did the same thing with my coug....looked at the code 9 and got exited....I was lucky and Kevin Marti was able to confirm I had an Eliminator as well.

Tad.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
BTW - If you go to Tad's homepage the yellow Eliminator has the same SS Bullet type rocker moldings that Shane was asking about in an earlier thread.
They look real good on the Eliminator!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
HHMMPH... Notice no pics of the moter...Me thinks another DS tring to make a little coin.... as far as I know no clevelands in a 69...
probobly a 351 W and the guy doesn't know the diff...

Royce???

Don

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Eliminator on Ebay

This car is not listed in the registry. If anyone is interested in it, they should ask for proof. There were no 351 C's in 1969.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
bad is right there were no clevlands in 69 also this car has come up for sale quite a few times over the last year. buyer beware.

·
Registered
633 Posts
TheRktmn said:
BTW - If you go to Tad's homepage the yellow Eliminator has the same SS Bullet type rocker moldings that Shane was asking about in an earlier thread.
They look real good on the Eliminator!
I didnt even notice that.... Shane, there's what you coug will look like....LOL.

I was thinking of the same thing. I seen a Elim with those on at show and thought they looked real nice.

Since I dont have any rocker moldings I might end up with a pair of those....who knows.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts