1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
I would say this is a 1 of 1 Eliminator, 390 3 speed stick, not the most desirable combo. But it looks to be a parts car for another restoration. Or a good candidate for a ECI.

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
CBTN's says 1 of 29 Hard Top -390 S code w/3spd , Total of all 69 models 1 of 61 motor and trans ; then 1 of 101 Bright Yellow with EA interior (White with black), of the 2250 total 1969 Eliminators built.
The interior seems to be fairly good.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Neat car, but more rust than metal left! If you had this car media blasted or dipped, you would not have much left. I don't think it is fixable, and since it is not a CJ car, you would have more invested than the value of the car. The expensive original S code air cleaner (same as 428CJ) is missing.

·
11,000 Posts
Parts car. Maybe $750 - $1000 in parts that are usable. No way to save it, nothing to weld to and none of the body parts are usable.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
this kitty needs to be put down, def not a fixable one!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Id love to save them all but this 1 is a mess.I seen rust but EE GODS thats nasty..

thanks
pat

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
OR... you re-plumb the fuel lines and get it running. Then just drive it until it breaks in half! THEN you can still part it out, but have had the joy of driving it :)

Heh... put a sign in the window that says "NOT FOR SALE!", just for laughs, and to see how many people would actually offer you money for it. Then you could shake your head and say "not enough money, this is one of xxx! I got the Marti right here..."

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Parts car. Maybe $750 - $1000 in parts that are usable. No way to save it, nothing to weld to and none of the body parts are usable.
Royce,
I think it may have more like $1500 to 2K in parts. 69 hi back buckets are hard to find. May be $500, 3.25 trac loc needing a rebuild, $300, Disc brakes $100, 69 rear spoiler $300, core 390 $250, Eliminator parts $500 to $1000. 69 big block bell house and related clutch linkage $800 But your right, it is beyond rebuilding. Some of my price estimate may be a little high, but still more them $750 to $1K in parts here. I bid $850. More then I would pay with shipping. I was sure I would be out bid. And was by an earlier bidder.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
With a black vinyl top on it, if the scoop is original to the car, the red one by the shipping container would be a CJ car....!

Steve

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
With a black vinyl top on it, if the scoop is original to the car, the red one by the shipping container would be a CJ car....!

Steve
Could always send the seller a message and ask him about it. The worst he can do is not reply :)

...I thought you could get a scoop on a 351 car, with some sort of option that included the little hood stripes. Y'know, the ones with the little cat head at the front of the hood, and the engine displacement in the stripe.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts