Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I purchased a used console for my 1969 Eliminator Clone. What is the correct top plate for a 1969 cougar eliminator console, standard or deluxe? My car is an auto trans

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
I believe the standard just has the black console with a flat lid on the storage compartment. The deluxe interior has the wood-grain insert with the 3 hump lid on the storage compartment.

Or do they all have the wood-grain insert?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine has the standard camera case top with the 3 hump lid. No wood grain.I asked this question awile back and got no solid answer, seems they came in alot of different combinations
Mine.
090911 045.jpg

here is a picture of one off the internet.
9F91M572237000000-4c.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Mine has the standard camera case top with the 3 hump lid. No wood grain.I asked this question awile back and got no solid answer, seems they came in alot of different combinations
Hey BadBoy, it looks to me like they pulled the woodgrain panel off yours when they installed the speaker fader.

·
Registered
173 Posts
My Eliminator that I had in the 90's had the decor / wood grain door panels and had the camera case console with the 3 hump lid. This was an unrestored car that came factory with the console.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts