Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1969 Mercury Cougar XR-7 100% built for the street (not a trailer queen) ,Full 2"x3" chassis (not back halfed) pro street ,I retained the stock floor pans and had the chassis guy chanel through them and then fully weld the frame railes to the floor pans (very sturdy) , Ladder bars/panhard bar ,Strange adj. billet coil overs.Front half is from chassis engineering , light wt. control arms, Adj. Strange billet coil overs , 4 piston composite caliper disc brakes on all 4 wheels,Strange master cyl -floor mounted with residual valves- brake pedal comes up through the floor but I retained the stock disc brake pedal pad, 33"x21.5" Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pro street tires, 15"x16" convo pro's , 15"x4" front convo pro's with vw tires, 9" rear with a spool, 4:88 gears , 31 spline Strange Axles with 5/8" pro stock drag race studs , 15 gal aluminum fuel cell , Holley Blue pump , 1/2" braided line everywhere with AN fittings, C&R visteon Nascar radiator with spal 16" elec. fan , all MSD ignition system , moroso 8.5mm wires with Ultra 40 race shields over them, custom black interior and trunk, car was stripped of all wiring and re-wired completely from scratch using Zinc coated marine wire and shrink connectors, Hurst quarter stick, all autometer gauges , late 60's 427 Corvette turbo 400 trans with all ATI internal parts including a center support shaft for high HP motors (can handle 1,000 hp ),JW Ultrabell and flywheel , B&M 3,500 stall conv.,tranny cooler, Lokar dip stick ,all new Carlite Ford glass , new vinyl top , just spent another $1,000 on triple chrome bumpers, new safety harnesses , new window net , 2 trunk mounted 900 cca optima batteries , retained the stock dash when doing the roll cage , ARC control box roll bar mounted , Headlight doors are electrically operated now (no vacuum) , Hood opens forward and works perfectly using the stock hood cable , Glass hood with a 6" Harwood cowl scoop, Glass deck lid , rear factory style Eliminator wing, Front spoiler, New door hinges, side markers have been shaved but I kept the door handles and keyholes /I don't like the feeling of not being able to get into my car with those door poppers not working ,Flaming river polished GM tilt steering column - leather Banjo steering wheel , steering rack and stainless steering knuckles , All of the trim is sweet !
Full moly roll cage front to back .
1972 351 H.O. 2 bolt main ,4V quench heads (5 angle valve job) ,591 hp on pump gas ,oil trick are already done, 6" custom fabricated valve covers ,Ferrea 2.19/1.72 stainless valves, double springs, , guide plates ,huge 600 lift old school solid cam ,7/16" push rods, Harland Sharpe roller rockers 10-1/2 to 1 comp. , port plates int. and exh. for street cruisin , Jack Roush intake, 750 Dominator over $ 1,200 invested (flows 880 cfm now) , Lokar throttle cable , Moroso double spring throttle return, ARP bolt's on everything, motor plate , mid plate , csr starter , csr elec water pump , external wet sump oil system , big block chevy oil pan with Cleveland bolt pattern , , 1 7/8" headers ,3 1/2" exh. with dynomax bullets, Dr. Gas X-pipe exiting before the rear tires with magnaflow stainless rolled tips, Plus more !
Bodywork is now 90% complete and is almost ready for paint .
Car can be finished up for you as well in any color you want ,but is not included in my asking price.
I've got almost $80k invested in this car as it sits .
This is truely a one of a kind 69 Cougar and is worth every penny of what I'm asking for it .
Asking $50k firm as it sits or $75k 100% complete .
PARTIAL trades may be possible towards a restored 1972 Mustang Conv.
No even trades , cash in person only , no checks of any kind-SORRY !!! , if you have the money in the bank to get a cashiers check then you can just get the money out and pay for it in cash, then we can go over to my bank to deposit the cash together . There are way too many counterfiet bills out there right now and I'm not getting stuck .

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Hi

Cool engineering. Good luck with the sale. Here in Oz you are likely to have a long discussion with the law if you turn up at the Bank with that much cash.

Got any pics on how you did the front hinged hood? Looks like it was made to work that way

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Bob,
have you thought about painting it? Plus are you still at that shop i seen you when i was with mark piechowski?

Good luck with the sale man.

thanks
Pat

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
If you really think someone might show up with 50K in cash, you may at least want to include your location and phone number.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Good luck with the sale. Just FYI if someone was asking me to show up with $50k in cash at some location you better believe I'm packing heat and have a "guardian angel" watching over me from a 100 yeards off.

I hear what you are saying about getting stiffed but careful about advertising you want to do a cash deal of that size or the wrong types of folks might get interested :)

Cool car. Best of luck.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I do know he is located around the ft lauderdale area .I never seen the car personally n this is about 10-12 years ago he was building it.Perhaps if he put a paint job on it n it could fetch the asking price?Maybe the primer just draws people away cause it give them a sign they need to sink money into it to bring it up to their standards and figure its going to cost more money... IMHO.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I would hope that this has been built the right way, having not seen it, I can't comment on such. I do know that any car that has had TUBS installed is much harder to sell. A car that has had TUBS installed drives different, and not to driver friendly in the rain. As far as PAINT, could be an issue, but like the tub issue, IF YOU FIND THE RIGHT BUYER, THEN IT ISN'T AN ISSUE, IMO.

I wish the seller well, FOR SURE. Might be JUST the car that someone out there, WANTS.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Amazing car. Good luck with the sale. Seriously. Who is going to take that kind of cash out of a bank, get into a car with someone and go to another bank, without a posse of security guards or hired guns? The bank would have to order it; no branch keeps that kind of money around in the vault. A confirmed wire transfer would be much better.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
He's also not going to get a sale with that kind of condition on the deal, unless he sells it to a drug dealer, and who wants to take that kind of chance? Ask Don Rush how long it takes to count tens of thousands of dollars in small bills.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts