Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I bought a 69 Cougar and the wife had a conniption. As a result, it's back up for sale :realmad:

Over the past 2 years it has been gone mostly through. The following areas are new or rebuilt. Also, NO RUST. Floors, frame, body are all solid.

• Candy Apple Red paint
  • Black vinyl top
  • Black bucket seat interior with console (sill plates, sail panels, headliner, carpet, seat belts, seats, door panels, arm rests, window cranks, dash, console, replaced 1 floor plan and rust coated the floor)
  • Gauge cluster
  • Tires
  • Misc. mechanical bits to get up and running nicely (synthetic fluids, solenoid, carb & gasket, cap/rotor, etc.)

I have receipts for the things I've done, the rest was done just prior to my purchase. Email [email protected] or PM me with any questions. I'll post pictures on the 12th after the detailer gets done with it! Located in Colorado

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi everyone. I bought a 69 Cougar and the wife had a conniption. As a result, it's back up for sale :realmad:

Over the past 2 years it has been gone mostly through. The following areas are new or rebuilt. Also, NO RUST. Floors, frame, body are all solid.

• Candy Apple Red paint
  • Black vinyl top
  • Black bucket seat interior with console (sill plates, sail panels, headliner, carpet, seat belts, seats, door panels, arm rests, window cranks, dash, console, replaced 1 floor plan and rust coated the floor)
  • Gauge cluster
  • Tires
  • Misc. mechanical bits to get up and running nicely (synthetic fluids, solenoid, carb & gasket, cap/rotor, etc.)

I have receipts for the things I've done, the rest was done just prior to my purchase. Email [email protected] or PM me with any questions. I'll post pictures on the 12th after the detailer gets done with it! Located in Colorado
In the photo you'll notice that the console, kick panels and speaker/grill aren't installed. I haven't put them in yet, but they are included with the car and may be installed this weekend. Also, the previous owner completed most of the work, I've only had the car for a couple months. However, the body is laser straight! No bondo, no patch panels, all FoMoCo metal!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Nice looking cat! One word of caution - you don't want to use synthetic oils on older flat tappet pushrod type engines. It will destroy the cam lobes. You are way better off to use oils that have ZDDP or a zinc based additive you throw in yourself. Good luck with the sale! What the asking price?

Reference http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/motor-oil-101/

·
Registered
2,991 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
email sent. thanks, Mike

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
It's listed in the title Mike. :1poke:
LOL - I coulda swore that was not there when I first looked! Blind in one eye and can't see out of the other I guess.......sounds like a pretty fair price then. Colorado cars seem to hold up pretty well over the years.

·
Registered
629 Posts
That's a great looking cat you got there. I'm driving back to Kansas next weekend from California and I haven't decided which route to take. If I go thru Colorado would it be ok if I shot you a pm so I could come meet you and check it out? I'd love to have a stick again and what better car than a Cougar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts