Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back a question was asked about the luggage rack on my 69 convertible. The research indicates that the luggage rack for the 69 Cougar is not a factory installed item or option specific to the Cougar but rather an accessory item to be specified when ordering the car NEW or as a dealer installed item as mine was. The luggage rack fit just a few 69/70 cars, including the Cougar, and was pictured installed on a 1969 Cougar in my mint 1969 Ford accessories book. It is slightly different from the other 2 styles; the 67/68 Mustang style and the FORD full size line style.
The 1969 Cougar style luggage rack is unique and carries
part # C9AZ-6255100-A.
A nice accessory when you can find it.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I took mine off of ragcat to put the spoiler on. Didn't realize it was special order only, but would probably taken it off anyways.
Chuck

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, very few Cougars have the luggage rack but you do see them from time to time. It is advisable to save the rack and the trunk with the mounting holes in it. If you do a conversion to just plain trunk or a spoiler, then use another trunk lid.
I think the luggage rack looks best on the convertible and spoilers look best on the hardtop cats. But that's just me.
C-Man...

·
Premium Member
1,915 Posts
I dig the look of the luggage racks, too on convertibles.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Ragcat,

Would you be interested in selling your luggage rack? I am looking to put one on my m code conv. Let me know. Anyone else have one they would sell?

Jim

·
Registered
965 Posts
C-Man,

Would you mind checking your trunk and telling me where to drill the 4 holes for positioning the luggage rack. I just bought Ragcat's and will be mounting it on my m code conv. It is a very good example and should look great but want to do it right the first time. Thanks in advance.

Jim

·
Registered
965 Posts
Chuck,

The luggage rack arrived safe and usable. Thanks again for a great and fair transaction. You're the man!!

Jim

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Jim-
Glad you're satisfied. It wasn't doing me any good anyways. Didn't even think that it might have a value to anyone else.
Thanx
Chuck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts