Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got around to installing the new headliner in my car. The P.O. had attempted to install one with out removeing the glass (bad idea). So after removing the glass I proceeded to remove the old one and install the new one. First issue was bent bows, replaced those and on I go. So after 2 days of pulling, tugging it is getting close. I still have some wrinkles to address. Also since the old headliner was new decided to cover the cheap sail panels with it just to see how they would look (ordered the new ones from WCCC). Good news is after 35 years I finally got the wife in the back seat of car again :smooch:.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
What are those other plastic clips that look like they are on the front glass area?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old wind lance to hold it in place until I finish streaching it and then glue it.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Looking good Ray......So are you saying you got a cougar in your cougar!:licka:

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL Bad69cat. For those thinking of doing this here are a couple of pointers. Get the headliner square, mine wasn't and it was giving me fits around the sail panel area. Have a second set of hands, much easier for someone to stretch and remove the wrinkles while you clip it in place. Binder clips and lots of them, although the old wind lance works the clips tend not to bunch it up when you attach them. Last, take your time and have plent of cold drinks on hand:beer:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts