1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I'm not a 69/70 expert, but I thought 351C engines were only available in very late 1969 Mustangs/Cougars (if at all). However, The listing claims this is a very early 1969 model.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Clevos were only available in 70, but were off and on available early in the year so they got Windsors when they had no Clevos, but only in the case of the H code. I know the GT package was available, but it was the last year for it. Was thinking that by 69 it was exclusive to the 390 though. (I am probably wrong)

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
"GT" would be called out on the buck tag.
Included competition handling package with hood stripe.

Needs a Marti to support the GT claim. Some people incorrectly assume hood scoops mean "GT".

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Bob and Adam, the seller lists in the ad that the 351C in the car is a 1972 engine. :) John

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bob and Adam, the seller lists in the ad that the 351C in the car is a 1972 engine. :) John
And he also says what I quoted.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
He does say in his text that
885 of those with 351 cleveland and Auto transmission
. But I think he does not know the defferance between a 351W 4V and a 351C 4V. May be a good starting poing for a ECI. Not for this old fart though.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The engine in the picture on the Ebay listing is definitely a Windsor. He obviously doesn't know the difference.

·
11,000 Posts
The 351Cleveland became available in the 1970 model year which began in July 1969. Prototype 1970 models were built that early. The Cleveland was not made early enough to be in a '69 vehicle. The dude needs to be drug tested.

I'm not a 69/70 expert, but I thought 351C engines were only available in very late 1969 Mustangs/Cougars (if at all). However, The listing claims this is a very early 1969 model.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The engine in the picture on the Ebay listing is definitely a Windsor. He obviously doesn't know the difference.
Nope, look again, closely. It's a Cleveland. The video shows it even more clearly, but just look where the T-stat hose is going and look at the valve cover bolts.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
He does say in his text that . But I think he does not know the defferance between a 351W 4V and a 351C 4V. May be a good starting poing for a ECI. Not for this old fart though.
OK. Looking in CBTNs the 885 would be correct for a M code 351W-4V/X code FMX trans combo. The VIN does show the letter M in the 5th character. That's a low serial number.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Nope, look again, closely. It's a Cleveland. The video shows it even more clearly, but just look where the T-stat hose is going and look at the valve cover bolts.
I didn't know there was a video as I just saw the small pic from the auction on my old 15" tube work monitor.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I asked him to email his Marti Report to me and it does state that it came with the "GT Equipment Group". The Marti report also states that this car was one of "251 With GT Equipment Group".

As for the 351 question, I think everyone knows the answer by now. It states 351-4V, which in '69 is the Windsor. It seems he just didn't know. The statistic he quoted is correct, except for the fact that he added the word "cleveland" to it.

I would post the Marti Report, but I don't have the owner's permission. On the other hand, I don't mind answering questions about it.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
...The statistic he quoted is correct, except for the fact that he added the word "cleveland" to it...
And the fact that the car has a Cleveland in it. I don't have the ad in front of me (and can't pull it up at work) but I don't think he discloses that the engine does not belong in the car, so the error in statement you point out makes it sound as if it does belong in the car when in fact it does not.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
I agree, that was very misleading and confusing. Anyway, it would be a good project for someone if he cuts the price in half.

·
Registered
780 Posts
As per his Ebay profile page he looks and seems quite young.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I see the ad was corrected. Someone must of brought it to his attention.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Morning,

I bought this car as a project car so that I would have something to beat on the next few years. The motor is indeed a 351C. The seller is executive vice president as his local bank and not really a "car" guy.

As I have had this car shipped to me (American living in Germany) it'll be a few weeks before I can dig into her and give some more info. The plan is to strip her down, fix the rust, and spray some quality paint. In the meantime, I'll be cruising in my '67 Fastback:

Greetz,

Andy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts