Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am about to replace all my A/C stuff. Since I have to remove the dash. I have purchased the following. New tach (Rocket Man's), led dash lights, wiper switch, headlight switch, evaporator, heater core, seal kit and vacuum lines. I only want to do this once so is there anything else I may be missing? :uhoh:

·
Registered
913 Posts
You might check the condition of your heater hoses, and take a look at the radio speaker to see if it is not torn.

·
Registered
113 Posts
As far as the AC system goes. Check every vac motor to see they are not leaking.

Also check out Don's Video on heater core replacement here

·
Registered
396 Posts
Might want to replace all the vac lines for heat,AC, defrost, cheap and easynto do when dashnis off. I used Classic Auto Air when I replaced all my AC stuff. They are Great and reallyneasy to work with if need vac lines, ducting, anything related to the AC, they have it.
May be a good time to paint metal work of dash, if applies and a good time to change any "badges" or other decorative items on dash while it out ( a whole lot easier to work on when you can reach both front and back at the same time. My 2 cents, hope it helps. Good luck, once is enough for most of us to take that section appart. : )

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Does the 69 A/C car have the heater core tube protrude through the firewall? If not I'd get the A/C core for a 70 and replace it with that so you can change hoses without a big under dash ordeal....what a pita on a 69!

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Does the 69 A/C car have the heater core tube protrude through the firewall? If not I'd get the A/C core for a 70 and replace it with that so you can change hoses without a big under dash ordeal....what a pita on a 69!
Yes, same 69/70 in both cases (AC out firewall, non-AC not).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts